Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best procedure for converting these images for printing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best procedure for converting these images for printing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	outboard decal example.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	20246

I need to convert a large amount of these images to vector or .eps for printing decals. I'm new to this type of conversion and wanted to see if I could get some helpful tips before I proceed and make things harder for myself than I need to. I assume I could use image tracing in Illustrator but I'm not sure if there were other methods people use that could make it easier. Most of them have the gradient effect which seems to be difficult to trace.

Thanks in advanced, sorry for sounding like a beginner but I suppose that's what forums are for!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20example.jpg
    Save
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 08-17-2016, 07:55 AM. Reason: fixed link

If you were a licensed authorized dealer for these decals, you would have the vectors files from corporate headquarters.
    It would be a violation of Trademark law for you to trace them and sell them without permission.

Comment

• HotButton
      HotButton commented
      Editing a comment
      ^Right. These graphics were created as vector graphics, and original vector files are without a doubt in the possession of their owner. So if your application is legitimate, request copies from that owner.

Assuming you have permission, there is no good way to convert this kind of thing to a vector format. No matter what you do, an auto conversion will produce sloppy and inaccurate results. Sorry.

Comment

Hi Bibs and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-17-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X