Print Coverage Average for Printing Jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Coverage Average for Printing Jobs

We're using a digital printer for short-run jobs and I have created a job calculator, but not sure what coverage % for C,M,Y,K to use as an average for jobs to quote customers when I don't see the artwork before hand.

Does anyone have any ideas what other commercials use as an average for pricing?

You are trying to figure ink costs?
    Most production printers have a consumables report you can run that will give you a pretty good ink usage average after a couple weeks. Run a few jobs on the same media and check the report. Or just run several jobs and figure your average for that machine on any paper.

If your machine does not have a usage report, question the production quality of the machine...

Read up on ink limits.

Every machine, media and inkset is different. For instance, on a solvent machine, I would have my ink limits near 200-250 for running on SAV (self-adhesive vinyl) where the solvent will affect the adhesive, but I might have them set lower or higher on other materials such as banner vinyl or some of the canvas-like things we run where color saturation is an issue.
    Ink usage, for us, is more of an overhead thing than a per job thing.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-24-2016, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Hi tyhoppy and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

We don't worry about ink usage. Ink is the cheapest part of the equation. We just assume total coverage on everything.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Oh, that kind of coverage.
          Printed as opposed to white space.
          Yep.
          That's why it's just pretty much part of the overhead.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
            Reply to A question about advancing education
            B
            Here's a paraphrased version of an actual conversation I had with our HR department a few months back. Seriously.

Me -- "How many job applicants did we receive for the open position?"...
            Today, 11:45 AM
          • designzombie
            designzombie
            Certifications might make the difference when choosing between 2 seemingly equally qualified candidates with equally impressive portfolios. But that's only after all other qualifications such as 4-year...
            Today, 11:19 AM
          • HotButton
            Reply to Poster for a school project
            HotButton
            And for a beach party, I'm sure you can do better than this photo of a pier.
            Today, 10:04 AM
          • KitchWitch
            KitchWitch
            Hi Roland198 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 09:25 AM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to How to use animation feature in CSS3?
            KitchWitch
            Hi Sungaoykd01 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
            Today, 09:23 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X