X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dye sublimation duvet cover

Hello!

My name is Annelien Smet and I am new to GDF

I have a specific question about printing my illustrations.
    Fortunately, there is an online community like GDF that can (hopefully) lend me a hand?

I'm looking for a printer that will print my illustrations on duvet covers. Does anyone have tips on how I can go about this?
    Websites, printers, prices,...?

Thanks!

Annelien
    www.anneliensmet.com

Hi Krom and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

You want pre-made duvet covers? Or do you want printed fabric to make duvet covers.
      What material do you want to be using?
      Most dye sub is polyester. Cottons are available but fewer printers handle it.
      What kind of volume?
      Or are you looking for something that is printed on demand? (Good luck with that... )

Comment

So, just for giggles I checked the goog for ''custom printed duvet covers.''
        There are such things out there and they do print ''on demand.''
        Whether or not they are dye sub...well...I didn't check that close.
        A print vendor is not going to compete with that kind of thing.

Comment

You cannot buy a duvet and run it through a printer. LOL.
          A direct dye printer requires a web leader of several feet. A paper transfer printer requires only one layer of fabric go through the press at at time in order to make the temperature, and to prevent bleed through. Not to mention you have to have a fabric that is ink receptive and can withstand the 400 degree heat process. Plus it can't have stitching or a lapped hem at the edges that would lift the transfer rollers. If there is any puff-n-stuff in there (feathers or fill,) absolutely not. And there is a width limit, often 120" but sometimes less.

You'd be absolutely appalled at the square foot pricing for custom dye sub on one-offs.
          Believe me, $100 is a very very cheap price for a finished custom duvet. One I could not match even on a single layer piece of fabric for a twin bed that you'd have to sew to a backer to make the bag (not including fill if you actually mean the comforter.) That's why I said, a production printer is not going to be able to compete with that kind of thing. Not without some sort of large quantity, and maybe not even then.
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-30-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Right. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              You cannot buy a duvet and...
              Meant to (back in August, and forgot), thank you for rightly calling it simply "a duvet."

So hard to find logic in the rampant language grinding typical of American English. On one hand, people will lazily shave a syllable anywhere possible, but in other cases, they'll double the load, i.e., by redundantly adding "cover" to "duvet."

Personally, I prefer my duvet uncovered.

Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
              are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

• PrintDriver
                PrintDriver commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually, the duvet is the comforter. The cover is a bag you put a duvet inside to keep it clean (or make it match your decor.)
                That's why I was kind of hedging with the puff and stuff comment. I couldn't tell if the OP was doing just the cover or the actual duvet because, as you say, Duvet Cover sometimes refers to just the comforter itself.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• salsa
              Reply to Feedback on Beer Bottle Designs
              salsa
              The fonts are different. Were you able to get the same typeface that was used on the originals? I think it would make them look even more consistent, like they were designed at the same time, if you can...
              Today, 01:39 PM
            • GDFundamentals
              Reply to Personal rebranding: feedback please
              GDFundamentals
              Hi, usually I try to get inspirired by other logos in the same industry. Pinterest is a very good resource for that. I've seen that a lot of photographers use their initials also & they add some photographic...
              Today, 10:28 AM
            • DesignHorse
              Photoshop 3d render photographs and product 3d packaging
              DesignHorse
              Hi i want to learn 3d render photographs so they sort of popping out of the picture, and also want to learn product packaging. Im a seller on Amazon.com and i would like to do the 3d render and packaging...
              Today, 10:04 AM
            • Carlo
              Comment on Illustrator - This Logo - HOW TO?? HELP!
              Carlo
              I don't think that a gradient has been applied. So I would use the Blend tool and change the spine to a spiral. Tp make it fit cut with the scissors on an endpoint to mak th circles fit the spiral an...
              Today, 09:56 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Plumbing website design
              PrintDriver
              Site doesn't load....
              Today, 08:10 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X