Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reselling print: Do you do it?

Why or why not?

Are you asking about selling content in print, or are you asking about printing services?

Comment

• DesignPsych
      DesignPsych commented
      Editing a comment
      Printing services. Wondering if you offer printing services to your clients/customers as a value add or if it's a waste of time.

Reselling print: Do you do it?
    All day long.
    Why do you want to know?

Comment

I try not to as it is not a good use of my time because the print jobs that come my way are small and I charge only a small % as my fee. If the print jobs that were coming through to me were large, then it would be better. So instead of making 10% on a tiny print run, I just make an introduction between my preferred printer and my design client and they handle the rest.

If you charge more and get great print discounts, coupled with large jobs, then it would be worthwhile.
      Last edited by Buda; 09-19-2016, 10:28 PM.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I'd add another layer to what Buda said;
        If you are brokering print jobs and YOU do something wrong, not the printer, but you yourself, maybe something like sendiing a file in the wrong format or approving a proof you shouldn't have approved by yourself, then you eat the cost of a reprint. Can your bank account afford that? Do you have your personal assets protected?

Comment

We're a small digital printing shop so we deal in small runs mostly. When we get a job for 5,000 + we send it out (sometimes abroad). The cost to us is less than we can buy the paper for. We double that and the customer is still happy. Money for nothing (or not much).
          Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

• Buda
            Buda commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to work at a printer and we printed up to 10,000 and any more we would broker the job and send the job to a larger press. If the larger presses got given a job too small for them, they would give to us. Good to see this is done elsewhere too.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X