What would $8,000 get me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would $8,000 get me?

I am looking for a printing solution under $8,000 that will allow me to print a full color tri fold newsletter and for as cheap as possible. Can anyone make a recommendation? I need the solution to keep the "per piece" cost below $.08 per piece. We'll be printing 15,000 per month at first and then upwards of 60,000 per month within 4-6 months.

Find a local printer. Make a deal based on continuing work volume. You won't get anything for 8k that will keep your per piece below .08. An inline digital printer with folder is going to cost you 3 to 4 times that amount.

Though I gotta tell you, if I had a dollar for the number of times I've been told, ''I'll give you this little $ job now with the promise of thousands $$$ more later,'' I'd be retired right now.

Comment

Hi Copaaz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

That's not exactly large quantities. I used to work at a printing company and our printer cost much more than $8K but printed up to 100 per minute (6000 per hour). If you only need 15000 to 60000 per month, that's a huge amount of downtime for your printer. Your printer would be sitting idle most of the time. You're better off getting this professionally printed (folded and trimmed).
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

This is an either or decision for me. Either I purchase an option to keep the expense low or I don't introduce this to my business. I must keep the cost per piece at the absolute most $.10 per piece. Anything above that would not work what I'm trying to do.

Comment

You are remembering you have to pay someone to run that machine too, right? And someone that can color correct whatever it is you are printing. And consumables. And maintenance contracts. The trick to low per piece cost is volume. If you haven't got it, it isn't worth it.

Comment

looks like I'll need to invest more and purchase an established printing company

Comment

• Buda
                Buda commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn't recommend purchasing a printing company if your requirements are 60,000 a month. I'm curious what you do exactly? Are you a graphic designer hoping to offer printing services? If so, it would make more sense to be a print broker on the side, not a printing company on the side.

Have you looked into any leasing options of a digital printer?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X