PDF sizes off from document size in InDesign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF sizes off from document size in InDesign

Hello everyone! Need some help. I received an InDesign file to try to fix. The document size in InDesign is 8.5 X 11. However, when it is exported, the size showing on the pdf is 8.27 X 11.69. If I add bleeds to it, the size ends up showing as 8.85 X 12.28. How can I fix this to show the correct size with bleeds? I set the bleeds to .125. VERY frustrating. All my other files work fine. This one is just a bear! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your help!

Check your Page Tool size.
    It's in the tool bar, the icon of a page with a little arrow on it, usually under the white arrow.

This little trick drove me mad for nearly an hour the first time I encountered it...
    It's even more fun when someone makes a multipage doc, tells the page setup to be uniform then changes all the page sizes individually using that darn tool. Grrrrrrrrr.

It is very handy for making tiled murals though, I will say that.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
      Reply to What is Abstraction Art?
      B
      One question: why did you feel compelled to register and tell us this on your first post?

Unfortunately, you won't get a chance to answer since you copied your post from here: https://ww...
      Today, 11:23 PM
    • La Mer Siren
      Reply to Portfolio Design Critique
      La Mer Siren
      I love your ZD branding! Great colors and hierarchy. I would like to see more pieces similar to that. You might want to try a different color then gold for your IMMARISA piece. It looks a little washed...
      Today, 07:40 PM
    • MikeTyler
      Help with bitmap to vector conversion
      MikeTyler
      Hello all -

I just joined GDF and look forward to learning and sharing some knowledge. I am a hobbyist but have a technical background and hope someone can help me.

I have a...
      Today, 06:29 PM
    • sacred888
      What is Abstraction Art?
      sacred888
      What is Abstraction Art?
      This Design/Artwork is Called Abstraction Art because Abstraction Art is art which indicates a departure from reality in the way art is represented. Abstraction Art is unconcerned...
      Today, 05:40 PM
    • B
      Reply to Creating Outline of Logo (Help!)
      B
      What do you mean by "set proportion?"

As for outlines, how did you create it? Ultimately, you really ought to draw it in vector format....
      Today, 04:13 PM
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X