PDF Export Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Export Options

Which Pdf-Export options do you use, PDF/X-1a:2001 or PDF/X-3:2002?
    The printers I already worked with all wanted a PDF/X-3:2002
    , but I am working with a new Printer and he wants PDF/X-1a:2001!
    What is the difference between the two?

The differences are long and technical.
    It doesn't really matter what the difference is as long as you get the printer what they want.
    You can read about the various standards here:
    https://www.prepressure.com/?s=pdf%2Fx+standards

Comment

Most likely, the printer asks for X-1a to ensure transparency is flattened going in. Later standards preserve live transparency.

Of course, if you don't incorporate any transparency into the design, it's a moot point.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

X-3 I'm pretty sure requires a live profile, not necessarily something every designer will have. Some printers requesting this may supply job options.
        X-1 is fairly common here in the States. It's definitely one of the more foolproof ways of getting transparency and spot colors to play nice together. It prevents conflict dropouts and can get rid of the dreaded atomic box issue. Most times....
        I don't think live transparency is supported until X-4. Because of the Pantone/transparency stuff going on in Adobewares, keeping transparency live can be hazardous to your hair. It's getting better though. The lessening hazard,that is. Not so much the hair.

Comment

Ok, thank you for your comments. I have a lot of transparent objects in my design, so maybe this is the reason why he wants X1.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
            Reply to ​What is your favorite forum software?
            mixlikes
            Favorite forum software:
            1. phpBB
            2. MyBB
            3. Vanilla Forum
            4. XenForo
            5. Simple Machines Forum
            Today, 03:43 AM
          • Caleson
            Reply to Questions about Business Cards, Self Promotion
            Caleson
            Actually, I was referring to applying for employment. I'm kind of mixed on whether or not it would be a good idea, but I think overall, if the card is pretty creative, it could serve as a memorable token....
            Yesterday, 09:59 PM
          • fredz0003
            Logo critique for my personal blog
            fredz0003
            Hi, I am new to this forum. A bit about myself I am a programmer, and trying to build a professional looking blog. I've done web dev before, but I've never considered myself the artistic type. I followed...
            Yesterday, 04:57 PM
          • B
            Reply to Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
            B
            Of the options you mentioned, upgrading the RAM will make the most difference for the cost. Eight megabytes of RAM is almost a bare minimum when working with Adobe's graphics applications -- 16 is even...
            Yesterday, 04:56 PM
          • mrturner
            Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
            mrturner
            I am currently doing my graphics design work on my laptop which specs are listed below, It really does struggle to handle software like photoshop and illustrator. Do I, upgrade RAM? An 8GB ram stick for...
            Yesterday, 04:16 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X