Gold Metallic Pantone Colour for Print

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Metallic Pantone Colour for Print

i'm thinking to start working on a t-shirt contest, but i'm not sure yet. The client wants a Gold Versace Baroque Design Style shirt (See example attached).

I don't have the pantone book and i'm looking on line for suggestions on which is the bets Gold Metallic Pantone Colour for printing. So far i found 2 Gold Pantone Colours (see files attached), but the 4485c i can't find it in the Pantone books the other it looks bad (i don't know if ti depends from my screen calibration or the pantone colour 871 C that appear too dark and dull).

If anybody has experience on doing print work with this type of colour it would be great to get a suggestion and tell me a specific pantone code for Gold Metallic Pantone colour. I looked in illustrator in Colour Books, Pantone + Metallic Coated but i didn't find anything that look good on the screen.
    Another concern is if the printer doesn't have the gold i choose i guess i'll have to ask them to pick the closest colour in the gold metallic pantone..
    I never done a job with this type of pantone and i read form other users in different forums/posts that they had horrendous results because they used the CMYK gold. I know isn't possible to use it as the type of colour is a combination of gold yellow-orange so a particular colour that can be achieved only if is used the metallic pantone colour.
    Obviously i'm not going to use shadows/gradients, just the pantone colour as i don't want to risk an horrendous result when printing.
    Ultimately i'd like to know how can i get the same or similar result of the shirt image i attached above. Is enough to use a metallic gold colour or i need to use other effects or colour combination to achieve that result in illustrator? Please keep your answer as simple as possible as i'm not an expert of printing
    Thanks for your support!
    Attached Files

Hi Th-ink and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

If you are doing silkscreen on a T-shirt you have to specify they use a gold metallic ink. It actually has mica flecks in it that make it sparkly. As for specifying which gold you want you really have to talk to your silk screen provider. Some of them can match the 800s and the 10K Pantone series metallic numbers and some of them can't.

Or you can do a pretend gold look using gradients and filters, which may be more in line what they are looking for. Beware of anything CMYK in a t-shirt print. If the contest rules specify a certain number of spot colors, that means they are not doing CMYK seps, they are doing spot seps.

If you are using digital print, if you spec an 800 or 10K Pantone Metallic, it will look like C.R.A.P. on paper or on fabric.
      As for specifying what yellow-gold pantone color looks good, it all depends on what type of gold you are trying to emulate. Since goggle-images is showing me a whole spectrum of ''Versace Baroque Gold'' from yucky beige harvest gold to bright shiny metallic gold, I would have no idea what Pantone colors you should try.

As for this contest. How much billable time are you wasting?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
        PanToshi
        Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 03:46 PM
      • PanToshi
        Reply to Looking for comments
        PanToshi
        Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 03:46 PM
      • PanToshi
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        PanToshi
        Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 03:40 PM
      • HotButton
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        HotButton
        There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
        Today, 03:36 PM
      • pobrien
        Flyer Crtitique
        pobrien
        Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
        Today, 01:12 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X