X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differet color in Photoshop and in preview Win10

Hello,
    please give my an advice.
    I create photography in photoshop CS6. I save a picture as jpg, but his color are different in the PS and in the preview Win10. My pc is the ASUS ZENBOOK UX303LA operating system Windows 10.
    I know about Color Management, but I can not set it for a good result.
    I think that i have different setting in the system Win10 and in the software PS.
    What you think? What should I look for, what are the links?

Thank you very much.

What is your end goal with the images - web or print?
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

It is for print.

Comment

There are folks on this forum who are better qualified to answer this, but I know that what you see on your screen is never guaranteed to be what you'll see in print. The best way to see what something will look like printed is to get a proof before the final print.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

We can only just guess at what your output parameters are. You need to discuss this with the printer who will be doing the work.
          You need to know what profile your printer wants on hand-off. Not what one looks best in the preview window of Win10.

I don't trust any of the OS viewers and prefer a fairly well-calibrated monitor using Photoshop when doing somewhat critical work. For really critical work, I get a contact sheet done of any imagery I think is suspect, on the print machine I will be using, because we do a lot of high end photo-intense work.

Comment

Yes, I understand that every output from the print is different. It is dependent on the color chemical composition, setting mashine, materials etc.
            But i don't understand why i have different preview in a Photoshop and a OS viewer when i have one a monitor. Because now i have three preview 1.PS + 2.OS + 3.Print.
            Please, i need any instruction for setting colors (profile and next setting) in OS Win 10 and Photoshop. Then I will know that it is technically everything to be. I know that well-calibrated monitor is basic. But colors should be the same on one monitor always. No?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Please you look on this pictures (i have only Czech language version software) :

Click image for larger version

Name:	PS_setting_colors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	21094

Click image for larger version

Name:	different.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	21093
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ondra View Post
                But colors should be the same on one monitor always. No?
                No.

I don't know where you got that impression, or why you think it's important, but Photoshop renders RGB color according to the profile you assign to the RGB Working Space (Edit > Color Settings), and there are a lot of possibilities, including custom monitor profiles.

Windows, of course, renders color to your display without regard for your Photoshop color settings, but rather based on adjustments you might make in whatever controls are made available by the software that runs your display adapter (video card). (Those settings will affect color globally, so that means Photoshop too, but with different baselines, the OS and Photoshop are affected differently.)

And then, all the color rendered on your screen is influenced, perhaps in divergent ways, by the settings of your physical or on-screen monitor controls. Add environmental factors, and there are countless variables.
                Last edited by HotButton; 05-25-2017, 07:38 AM.
                I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Okay i understand.
                  Thank you very much.

Comment

I think this is a photography question. It looks like you are viewing a RAW Canon camera file in W10 and that is show the codec renders the image in win10. When you open the Raw Canon file in Photoshop it shows it without any presets. (you can customize these before import to PS) I would post the question to the photography side of this forum. RGB is not good for predictable printing. Press CTRL+Y and you will see which colors are lost from RGB to CMYK using your web coated swop profile. I used to have a similar issue with a Nikon and found that RAW files embedded a preview file with a preset for incompatible RAW reading software. You may just be seeing the preset JPEG in Win10 and the full unmodified RAW spectrum in PS.

Comment

Hi Banners and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X