Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Tags No Template?

Hi,
    I bought some sheets of hangtags that are for inkjet printers. They are 110lb/300gsm paper. They came with no template and I tried using the Avery brand one in Word and pasted my image within. On regular paper it lined up perfectly, but when I took it to someone with an inkjet printer it printed much lower than the precut tag on the sheet. I emailed the company and they recommended Avery template since they don't make one! I'm on a very tight budget. Any suggestions?

Hi Designing and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Check your someone's paper and border settings.
      They need to match the ones you are using for your plain paper.
      Also check that fit to page is not checked (unless you are using it) and that the right paper size is selected.
      Have them print plain paper first to check alignment.
      110lb paper is pretty hefty for an inkjet. Is it getting hung up in the hard turn at the bottom of the paper feed? Might need a little shove, or it might need to go through the CD printer as a straight thru print (if the inkjet has such a thing.)
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 07-31-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you KitchWitch and PrintDriver. The paper came with packaging that says it's for inkjet printing, which is why I had to scout out a place that has an inkjet printer (I've only got laser). It was quite slow to print through. I haven't used an inkjet in years but it seemed slower than a normal printing on one. I'm not sure the boxes checked before printing, as it was done on his side of the counter. He did print it on plain paper first and it lined up. I've only got a few more sheets of tags left and of course don't want to ruin anymore.

Comment

I thought the same thing about the paper weight. Cant say I've come across many inkjet printers that can handle 300gsm stock. You sure they aren't passing it through a digital press/copier? Certainly they're not using a wide format... I hope..

Assuming you set the file up to line up perfectly with the tags, the print operator really should do his/her due diligence and shift the image in whatever RIP application they are using. From the Fiery RIP a simple image shift in the "finishing" tab should fix this. You cant expect a perfect print first sheet out.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
            Reply to Advice on simple banking-style design
            PrintDriver
            Too many words.
            I grew up playing text only adventure games. The banking was always the easiest part. You put your loot into whatever passed for a ''bank'' and kept on playing.

For...
            Today, 08:09 PM
          • Splashsky
            Advice on simple banking-style design
            Splashsky
            So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
            Today, 12:10 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
            PrintDriver
            Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
            The Output.
            As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
            Today, 08:46 AM
          • Peter3v
            Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
            Peter3v
            Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
            Today, 06:52 AM
          • Breanne.C
            Reply to Helloooooo!
            Breanne.C
            Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
            Yesterday, 10:29 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X