Mimicking the gold on the Twining's Tea tin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimicking the gold on the Twining's Tea tin

I don't know too much about printing on tin and so far the printer has been stumped attempting to create a color/effect similar to the Twining's Tea tin gold. Obviously a digital photo is incapable of totally depicting what I'm looking for but I think this one at least shows the sparkle of the thing. And it's a pretty common product so maybe someone out there even has one in their possession. Any thoughts on how to get a similar look would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twinings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	21368

Hi Fonto and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fonto View Post
        Any thoughts on how to get a similar look would be appreciated.
        Paint it with the same paint.
        I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

i will buy the twinings paint

Comment

Tins are usually lacquered, enameled, or powder coated. If they contain food, that adds a whole other layer to the process.
            That gold sparkle isn't necessarily a paint. It might be some kind of epoxy enamel finish or some other type of applied coating. Most flecks in gold paint are usually much much smaller than that to get through the spray nozzles.

Comment

• HotButton
              HotButton commented
              Editing a comment
              Right. When I said ''paint,'' I was using a ''broad brush'' as it were.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X