Message to replace toner won't go away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to replace toner won't go away

MFC HL2380DW. I just replaced toner with a new Brother toner cartridge. Printer works but still shows error message to replace toner. Could this be because I just opened and installed the starter cartridge that came with the printer? When I set the printer up I installed a new high yield cartridge.
    What can I do?
    I have unplugged the printer, rebooted the PC. taken the cartridge back out and put it back in several times. I did shake the cartridge side to side and I moved the cleaner for the wire on the drum.

So you're saying the print still fires up and prints with the defective imaging functioning? IE Yellow toner asked you to re-load but the unit still print will yellow in tow?

If its not functioning with the color in question, you may have some clumped developer within the drum or developer housing.

If its a larger machine you maybe a defective toner hopper or agitator. IE the device that moves the toner from the cartridge to the drum isn't working.

How old is the machine? it could be the drum required replacing, for example the develop is shot or the drum can no longer hold a charge.

Comment

• Biggs097
      Biggs097 commented
      Editing a comment
      Printer still fires up*
      Imaging unit*
      Developer*

My word, forgive the typos. It was late.

Hi Ellan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

What is the expiration date on the toner cartridge?
      Have you tried a different toner cartridge?
      If the printer is not printing and/or the error message annoys me enough, I call or email tech support for the machine in question.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X