Digital Duplicator printers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Duplicator printers

Recently I decided to include thermography in my small business but have struggled to find a good wet ink/ digital duplicator printer. Does anyone know of a good one?

Hi irishdz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

You'll need a bit more than just a duplicator or offset press for thermography.
      And I'm afraid a digital machine wont be an option at all.

Traditional thermo prints also get passed through a heating element, almost like a small Kiln. You'll need proper ventilation, plus if you rent your business space then land owner may not give you the approval to do such a thing.

Comment

There's a lot of stuff online about using digital duplicators for thermo. I looked cuz I wondered what the post was about. Most of it sounds to me like a slapdash way of doing a supposedly high end type of print.
        I saw one or two references to using silk screening inks instead of traditional offset.

If it really does require venting, there are zoning bylaws you have to look into. Things like stack height and if it's even allowed in the business zone, let alone the building.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 09-19-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

We have a RISO wet ink duplicator - checking online I see that it could perhaps be used for thermo.

Years ago we had a thermo system that was 'built' by the boss. As each sheet came off the litho machine it was dipped by hand into the thermo powder and put on a conveyor belt that took it under three domestic 3-bar electric fires pointing down. It worked ok most of the time. We used to make toast on it. Of course, this was before Health & Safety was a thing . . .
          Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X