No announcement yet.

Printer asking for CTP files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well it appears that perhaps no one has anything else to say on this topic...? I am still open to more input...

I appreciate all who have contributed thus far. thank you

Comment

I just had confirmation from the printers that we are using the same color profile (US Web Coated SWOP v2) so that is not causing an issue.

Now I am just having a hunch here. Do you think if we request a pantone color, would some printers just match by eye and not use the actual pantone? If they do that, could that shift the color calibration from one to the next...?

As I mentioned previously, two of the raster illustrations are identical on v1 & v2, except the artist swapped the background (pillow for apples), and they are printing very differently. Even when we told them the problems, the 2nd round of proofs came back about as miserable as the first.

I am just trying to troubleshoot why they would turn out so different from each other. Are flexo presses that unpredictable?

Comment

The guy that could help you here is Cosmo. He's a packaging expert.
        Doesn't look like he's been around for a while though.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X