Having trouble with printers and am very lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with printers and am very lost

Hello my name is Amy and I design for a paint company. I design in photoshop for print and never had an issue until this week when two issues popped up at once, on two different printers.

I have a large format Canon ipf8400 and I have been printing on matte canvas for over a year. Suddenly my PSD files are printing the wrong colors. When I change the file to a PDF I get the correct rich colors, but I get these LINES through the image. No idea why. The right is the printed PSD file that has NO LINES and bad color, and the LEFT is the GOOD color and these AWFUL lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2095.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	21537

The next issue I'm having is in regard to a Konika Bizhub C1060 Printer. We are printing color cards, and one of our color cards. (Printed one sided on glossy paper prints with no lines at all. perfect)

Name:	IMG_2093.JPG
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	21536

The next color card, prints with this streaking on it. we print them one at a time, one side at a time and my boss is CONVINCED that it's my file, that photoshop is adding these lines and tells me to remove them...but there's nothing to remove, so please HELP!

Name:	IMG_2094.JPG
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	21535

Drowning in lines in KY
    Amy

Hi Felinafullstop and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

When you export them as a PDF, are you exporting them as RGB, CMYK or ...?

Comment

Most times, on an inkjet printer of any sort, equally spaced lines are caused by the print resolution for the printer being set too low. ie ''production mode'' instead of ''quality mode.''
        Or the incorrect profile for the media being selected.
        Double check PDF settings.

On the laser printer, no idea. I have never had a laser printer capable of doing any kind of accurate color work so not in the habit of using them.

This thread is a few weeks old. I wonder if the OP found a solution?

Comment

I wish I could get a better look at the lines or "streaking" from the Konica. Normally streaking or low saturation levels the run along the in the print direction, from lead edge to trail edge, are caused by corona wires that need to be replaced. But from I can see, it looks like clear streaking one the surface of the print. Which leads me to believe its the fuser thats the issue. Either dry spots or excess fuser oil. If you haven't service the fixing unit (fuser unit) in some time, it's probably time to do so now.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
            Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
            Craig B
            I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
            Today, 10:46 AM
          • Colton819
            Reply to Getting a image ready for print
            Colton819
            So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
            Today, 08:47 AM
          • leaagg
            Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
            leaagg
            Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
            I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
            Today, 07:57 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
            PrintDriver
            Do people still use QR codes?
            Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
            Today, 07:06 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Getting a image ready for print
            PrintDriver
            Way too much sharing there, hank..........
            Today, 06:51 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X