Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xerox 7750 GX vs. HP 9500 HDN

I've been researching these 2 printers and am having a difficult decision making a choice.
    - HP has the BEST image quality / detail while the Xerox has the fastest output.
    - I've read that HP printers are generally more reliable than Xerox printers
    - Xerox has a better colour managing system

Any input on either of these printers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't know the printers, Key may be able to help you out there.
    What do you want to use it for? Heavy duty production or simply proofing?
    I would also look at consumables, what the upkeep is, what the service contract is, if there is a lease program, the rip used...

Are they both $18,000? Yikes.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

I don't know anything about HP - always had Xerox printers because of the colou and speed (PERCIEVED colour accuraccy - it's just a myth - Phaser standards have compleyetly changed since Xerox took over the printer Division of Tektronix and not for the better) but I'm seriously thinking of HP because there are WAY more sources for aftermarket toners and parts which - after the warranty expires brings your costs down significantly.

SPeed is nice though.

But I've had HP scanners and inkjets and of all the companies, HP was always the easiest to deal with. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops or threaten Xerox to get anywhere - Canon I'll NEVER deal with again but HP seems to be there to help.

Post Edited (Keyare) : 6/30/2004 6:26:02 PM GMT

Comment

We are planning to use it for comps to show clients and for our own colour testing purposes.
        No large number of copies or anything like that.
        But, we do want something that does fairlly large format and is fairly fast but, most of all reliable and very compatible with macintosh computers/ operating systems.
        We've narrowed it down to those two printers and we've got pros and cons for both sides but nothing concrete to sway us in one direction or the other.
        We were hoping to find someone who had used one or the other and could tell us it was either great or horrible so we'd know which to go with. No such luck thus far though it seems?
        Thanks for your help though guys. More things to think about.
        If anyone else knows anything, please let me know! [img]/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X