X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color problems at the printers when going from PC to Mac

Hi everyone, I am having a problem with colors. I am on PC (our network guy didn't want to learn how to intergrate a Mac into the network) I have designed a package using pantone colors (and using a swatchbook to choose the colors)in Illustrator CS. I have sent it off to the printers as an .ai, eps, and pdf. They have problems opening the .ai files and the eps files which I have sent to them in Illustrator 10 (which they have requested). When I sent them the pdf at high res my deep red printed brown but the other red (not as deep) printed fine. The only thing that I can think of is something in the setup of the graphic program. Has anyone come up against this and if so, what was the solution (besides going out and buying a Mac). There has to be an easier way to go between PC and Mac or I will be all grey soon. You're help would be appreciated.

It could be your settings in your Postscript Distiller. When you save your Illustrator doc as a PDF it will translate your pantone colors into CMYK and if you don't have your settings correct it will do a poor job. Could that be the answer? How are you going about making you PDF file?

Comment

To make the PDF I am going File>Print, from there I just chose adobe Acrobat reader as my printer and hit print to create a PDF. When I get to work I will take a closer look at the set up and let you know. Thanks

Comment

Did you open an Illustrator 8 file in CS or was it a new file?
        What kind of printer is the output device?
        Did you supply a hard copy with your PMS colors called out?
        Did you tell them you would pay them to replace your colors with corrected matches if necessary?
        Did they ask for the PDF? Or did they really want an AI.
        You may have ask what pdf settings they really want.

Specialization is for insects...

R.H.

Post Edited (PrintDriver) : 3/18/2004 5:24:39 PM GMT

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X