X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Weight help! pt. vs. lbs

OK, so I am totally confused on this paper issue. What is the difference between pt. and lbs? Where we were printing (Printer A) they used 120# paper. The new printer told us that # and pt. were the same, so 120# was equal to 12pt, 140# was equal to 14pt. and 160# was equal to 16pt. We found another printer (Printer B) that said they printed on 14pt. paper. So we asked our Printer A if they could match it. They said they could. However, 14pt. samples we got from the Printer B was thicker than the 14pt. samples from the Printer A. Printer A miked (sp?) the papers and said that Printer B paper miked out at 16pt, while theirs miked out at 14pt. They then told us that 14pt was the equivalent of 100# paper, and 16pt. was equivalent to 140# paper.

Can anyone explain the difference and why they have different terminologies? Thanks! You are helping a very Confused individual.
    WordPress Designer and theme developer. KlongDesigns - helping bloggers and non-technical folks claim their space on the internet.

I've always found this link and the chart on it quite helpful.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Nice find Virgo. Bookmarked for later.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Thanks! That helps a lot!
        WordPress Designer and theme developer. KlongDesigns - helping bloggers and non-technical folks claim their space on the internet.

Comment

You're welcome!!

blog/portfolio

Comment

Goodness! We deal paper in gsm (grams per square metre).
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Thanks for that link, Virgo...those numbers are a little different from what I thought!
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X