Best program for T-shirt design?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best program for T-shirt design?

I want create a design for a T-shirt, what is the best program to do so? I used photoshop, but i heard it is not the best program for it. Also is it possible to print it off photoshop anyway? Should it be 300 dpi? 8 x 11 inches? Any help would be great thanks!

all the T shirt designers i have come across use Illustrator or Freehand (but mostly Illy)

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

once you get into CMYK images and line screens you start to get real expensive.
      You need to find a T-shirt printer first and get the specifications for artwork from them. Work with them and they will work with you.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

if you want to use photoshop and not pay for full color, you can print an image using spot colors. also consider a colored t-shirt as part of the design. i saw a dark blue tshirt with a sunset on water scene printed in gold that looked great.

check with the screen printer as to what line screen they use. a 60 dpi 10x13 is a lot faster to save than a 300 dpi image. if you use more than one ink color, i'd shy away from duotones. you can specify separate elements in your image with different colors.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirstTimer
          Logo Idea I'm playing with
          FirstTimer
          So I'm thinking of opening a jeep tour company in my area and have an idea for a logo that I am fooling around with. Let me know what your thoughts are and if you have any other but similar ideas . I...
          Today, 11:34 AM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to obe Photoshop colors ?
          PrintDriver
          Is the photoshop image CMYK?
          Is the web image RGB?...
          Today, 11:27 AM
        • Lednik
          obe Photoshop colors ?
          Lednik
          Hello.

I have one question. How can i fix colors in photoshop because they are really different than on computer and web.

Check picture. On left is photoshop file and on right...
          Today, 10:14 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to need logo feedback
          KitchWitch
          Hi Kate and welcome to GDF.

Did you design the logo and the website? We only allow crit of work that is posted by the artist/designer.

We ask all new members to read very important...
          Today, 09:42 AM
        • lauge500
          Reply to YouTube channel logo
          lauge500
          Thanks for the feedback everyone! Glad you like both of them, always nice to hear that your own work is great I know the word enterainment is very small at the moment, but that was to focus on the...
          Today, 09:40 AM

Incredible Stock
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X