X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best program for T-shirt design?

I want create a design for a T-shirt, what is the best program to do so? I used photoshop, but i heard it is not the best program for it. Also is it possible to print it off photoshop anyway? Should it be 300 dpi? 8 x 11 inches? Any help would be great thanks!

all the T shirt designers i have come across use Illustrator or Freehand (but mostly Illy)

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

once you get into CMYK images and line screens you start to get real expensive.
      You need to find a T-shirt printer first and get the specifications for artwork from them. Work with them and they will work with you.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

if you want to use photoshop and not pay for full color, you can print an image using spot colors. also consider a colored t-shirt as part of the design. i saw a dark blue tshirt with a sunset on water scene printed in gold that looked great.

check with the screen printer as to what line screen they use. a 60 dpi 10x13 is a lot faster to save than a 300 dpi image. if you use more than one ink color, i'd shy away from duotones. you can specify separate elements in your image with different colors.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X