Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• bulgariacalling
    Reply to Photoshop CS6 - selection tool issue
    bulgariacalling

That's what the 'tech' people asked me to do! Something to do with how the 'interactive' spot the difference will work?

So far, only in Photoshop. I haven't got round...
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Photoshop CS6 - selection tool issue
    Kayekaye
    Is this square showing up when it is online or when it is in photoshop? I've had this happen on a website but never in ps....
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    Buda
    You call it a prank, I call it sabotage.
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Help with a graphic technique
    Buda
    You can actually render clouds in Photoshop.

Filter > Render > Clouds

It's can be a good starting point to build your brushes over top of. Fiddle with the levels and the...
    Today, 02:24 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Setting up file for large banner
    PrintDriver
    4' x8' yeah sure, work at 150ppi. That's fine.
    But a 30' x 41' banner at 150ppi would be over 14.5 gigs flat! Your printer is gonna hate you! Actually he might laugh when you send in your hard drive...
    Today, 12:07 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing in Photoshop 6.0 comes out lighter. Please help.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and if the question I am about to post has already been answered please direct me to the correct post.

I am using Photoshop 6.0, when I import a photo into it and try to print with my HP PhotoSmart 7150 printer, the photo that comes out of the printer is much lighter than what I see on screen. It is much paler.

Can someone shed some light into how to fixed this?

I have try using the Layer filter such as "multiply and hard light" to fix my problem but the output photo is still lighter than I wanted.

My other problem when printing in Photoshop is that the photo is not properly center on the paper. Is is currently a bit higher (when print in protrait) vertically but horizontally it is fine. I have gone into Print Options and check "center image". And this didn't work.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chi.

Hi, welcome to the GDF.

1. As for your photo's printing lighter, im not to sure on exactly what model that is, but here are some general tips. Make sure all of your drivers are up to date. Make sure your printing preference is set to the highest possible, also make sure that you select the right paper in the printing preference. Now for fixing the levels, if you have done everything above and its still coming out blah...try this. Go into image>adjustments>levels and drag your black slider (on the far left) over to the right slightly until it darkens up some, next grab the middle slider (the grey one) and move that around until it seems neautral. That should help you darken up your images a tad, u might also want to look into brightness/contrast under the same sub-menu, using that will really make your images pop.

Are these scanned photos you are trying to print? Just wondering because you may need to do additional adjustments.

2. Most printers will have problems printing vertically, you will normally find an average run of the mill home printer that will have a .75' bleed on top, and as little as .25' on bottom or vise versa, with a regular .25' all the way around on the sides, from what I know of their is no way to fix this problem. I have several HP's and Canon's and they do this too.

A Tribute To Homer S.
    "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Ooh, the internet is on computers now."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?"

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
    digitalcamwhore
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Thanks for the tip there.

I'll try to clarify some things.

1. I am printing photos from a digital camera that is set to the highest setting when I take pictures. The camera is a Nikon 995 with 3.4Mega Pixel.

2. On my monitor, the photo looks perfect but when I go to print, the photo that comes out of the printer is much lighter in shade. Are there some printer or photoshop setting that I can adjust to fix this?

3. I will try the tips you have outlined above in Photoshop and see if the photos will print correctly.

Thanks again for the tips. And I also welcome any other insight/solutions to my problems.

Cheers,

Chi.

Comment

Among the myriad of settings and options, your paper could make a difference too. Look at the PMS color swatch books. The difference between glossy and matte is quite a bit.

Are all your pieces and programs appropriately calibrated to each other? Meaning your monitor, printer, and software, all calibrated and color managed with the right profiles, such that what you see on screen really is what you get. Try resetting the ‘brightness’ of the monitor to see if you can make it look like the picture. That is the fastest and most undoable step to see what is might be happening. Perhaps over time, you haven’t realized that your screen setting has gotten darker. With the screen setting lighter, work with the ‘Levels’ and ‘Curves’ to adjust the image and print it. See if it is still light, or if it now matches the screen.

Are you printing an RGB image not a CMYK image?

Are you using quality inks that can produce good, solid 100%Cyan, 100%Magenta, 100% Yellow and 100% Black?

No guaranteed solutions, but a couple things to think about and look into.

Ethan Rutkoff
        Aka: Imagemaker

--Ciao for Niao--

Ethan
        --Ciao for Niao--
        Ethan

Comment

when d-frag said to move you black slider over then your middle slider, DONT DO IT
          only move your black or white slider over if you have no color on your scale above the slider
          if there is no scale for a while move the outside slider right until you hit the scale on top
          otherwise only move your middle slider

Comment

I'm guessing you printed an RGB image and told the printer it was CMYK. That can result in dull, flat color. Even though the ink in your printer is CMYK, the color mode for photos is usually RGB unless you're going to an offset press.

-Jason

A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can even put on its shoes.
            -Mark Twain

Comment

Not that this is any help to the guy who posted this thread in October and never came back...

Have you tried printing as an eps? Just for yucks?

Have you tried printing from Illustrator (or similar) as a placed photo?

It sounds more like a color management issue than an ink, image, or pms issue. You're not distilling to pdf using Acrobat are you? Nuther whole can of worms if you are.

Or trying to print a RAW file from Photoshop 6?

As for centering, does your HP have the option of 'maximum' on paper area? That will print the image closer to center.

PrintDriver is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X