This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online printing companies

Anyone have any they recommend? I used to deal with a guy in the Pacific NW but I can't remember the name of the company for the life of me.

I've dealt with VistaPrint. Do not like.

I just found UPrinting.com and their prices seemed reasonable. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences?
    *insert inane quote here*

I have used 4over. mostly great stuff though have had color shifting (as expected).
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

Comment

I've used overnightprints, 4over and zooprinting. I like zoo the best. Zoo is a trades only printer. Been using them steady over a year now. If you pick up a copy of Photoshop User you will see a boatload of printers offering their services dirt cheap.

Comment

I deal primarily with local printers or at the very least Canadian ones (just for exchange rate).
        The great thing about local printers is you can get more direct info from them. They tend to want their customers more badly than those that are primarily online.
        So sorry, don't have any other suggestions.
        I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

We've recently started using 4over.com, we like them so far. And twist of irony, they happen to be local to us. One of their plants is about 10 miles away, and they give us the option to pick it up (though they do offer us free local delivery).

blog/portfolio

Comment

I'm with Audi. I have relationships with half a dozen various printers in town, get great personal service, don't get ganged jobs unless I request it.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

for business cards ect ect i used a company called print100.com, they are pretty good and cheap and have allot of extras at a cheap cost!

Comment

We use Modern Postcard. Happy so far.

These threads are always an ad magnet... Hope you get what you need before we have to lock it.

Comment

Being in prepress for a local printer my opinion might be biased but I think Garricks has a very good point. I know at our company we try to make sure that the designers are well taken care of. We strive for quality and a working partnership that helps to clarify problems, and also affords us the ability to have the customer there for press checks etc.
                  I'm sure you will be able to get it done cheaper online, but be prepared to give up a certain comfort level as to how your project turns out.
                  My $.02.

Comment

Garricks does have a point. Online might be good for a postcard but we do use a local printer for any of our multipage portfolio collateral. That stuff has to look GOOD!

Comment

We've been using the online place for business cards and flyers for our more budget-conscious/not-so-picky-about-color clients. Never for the higher profile clients who expect perfection or large projects.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I've done two postcards, one offset and one digital, with overnightprints and have been happy with both. These were both personal projects I was able to take a risk on. They aren't perfect but but they were just fine for the money. I heard though that a lot of these places are a hassle when you need to get things fixed.

Comment

We do pretty good with Modern. They assign a CSR to you so you always have someone to call. They've also been pretty accommodating regarding color, as long as you work Process, but they have tweeked things for us. But I don't do this kind of thing for clients. All my clients want BIG stuff or WEIRD stuff and no way that is going to an online.

Comment

i have had good success with partnerprinting.com
                            Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

4over is horrible

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                              We've recently started using 4over.com, we like them so far. And twist of irony, they happen to be local to us. One of their plants is about 10 miles away, and they give us the option to pick it up (though they do offer us free local delivery).
                              4over is horrible. The colors are NEVER the same and their customer service is the worst you can imagine. They also like to brag way too much about how they're better than everyone. Sadly they make Vista Print look really good. PrintFirm is great. We use them for all our printing. They have better quality, service and prices than 4over.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X