Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No online print company with 24 hour service is going to get the colors spot on.
    Being GRACol compliant helps but I still wouldn't expect it.
    And when offering design services, there is something to be said about the quality of the landing page of the website.

You can have fast, cheap, or quality.
    Pick two.

Comment

We use 4Over for short run, cmyk. They offer net 30 terms to us which makes things easier. If ever we have a problem, they reprint or issue a credit next day. They also opened a plant in NJ so we get to pay ground shipping for next day delivery. They offer free sample books to show clients the print quality and paper thickness. They also do full color vinyl banners out of their CA plant. Every customer we order them for LOVES them and the price!
      *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

Savoir Print

I highly recommend SavoirPrint. I've used them for years, and have barely had issue with them. When I have, they've usually refunded the cost of the job. Their background is traditional offset (and still do custom jobs), plus they are extremely particular about their work. They cost more than many "online printers" but the quality is much, much better. The majority of their clientele are designers. All work is printed on Heidelburgs, they QC the jobs, have a good variety of substrates and use soy inks. If you must use "online printers", they are the best choice I've found.

Comment

I use lowestpriceprint.com they are in my own backyard so I can pick up my stuff saving me time and money. They are gracol approved and do very good work. They also only sell to resellers. So you dont have to worry about clients goin on and getting your pricing. xx.xx for 1k 14pt 4/4 business cards is pretty hard to beat.
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 04-02-2010, 09:03 PM. Reason: no pricing discusion.
          "Represent Yourself"

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRGTIVR6 View Post
            I have used 4over. mostly great stuff though have had color shifting (as expected).
            Yeah, I too using the same and getting good results from them.

Comment

We've been using 4over for almost 2 months now. No issues thusfar.

blog/portfolio

Comment

not sure if i mentioned this before. but my Baby Announcements were from 4over. Special request for size, fold, etc. they came out great. I ordered 100 and probably received around 250-300. i guess they figured with a totally custom job better to print more than enough to take for any folding/scoring issues that might have popped up.

one day i will take a photo of it to post.
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

I have been using 4over.com for many years now and have printed hundreds of jobs with them. ( They are also local to me) They're customer services are run in a "Great and Powerful OZ" kind of way. You can never really peek behind the curtain with them. That said, the general quality of the printing is far superior to that of VistaPrint. They have lots of options for customization but at the end of the day, they are a gang/batch printer who will give your job no special attention and you really have to know how to prepare a file.

If your client has the budget or if you are on an extremely sensitive timeline, then you can't do better than building a relationship with several local printers of different capabilities to give you the personal attention you should require.

Comment

I'm another happy 4over user. I won't use them for color critical stuff, but for brochures and flyers and things where all you need is "pleasing color", they do a good job. I have never reordered the same job from them though, so I don't know what would happen color-wise if I did.
                    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Zombie thread!

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                        Zombie thread!
                        Better than 100 threads on the same subject.

I currently use Zoo Printing and Navitor. Navitor's pricing is very competitive.

I've found that 4Over's pricing is much higher than most wholesale printing services.

For example, I can get 500 4/0 posters at Navitor or Zoo for about $70 - $85 with shipping, but they are over $100 ("free" shipping) with 4Over.

Interestingly enough, 4Over is actually harder to hook up with.

Comment

I have utilized garmentprinting.com.au .... generally awesome stuff however have had shading moving..

Comment

I Also Have Experience With tshirtplus.com.au...there are also reliable or skilled...!!!

Comment

I have many other suggestion like vistaprint
                              Please check the list below
                              1. CafePress
                              2. CustomInk
                              3. Design A Shirt
                              4. Print Venue
                              5. Zazzle
                              6. Your Surprise
                              7. Not On The High Street
                              8. Simply Personalized
                              9. Things Remembered

Comment

I use vista for print, it is just awesome. It has an amazing price range for everyone.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X