No announcement yet.

RAL color library for Illustrator?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAL color library for Illustrator?

Is there a RAL color library for Illustrator?

Also, does anyone know if you can pad print using RAL colors?

And you can pad print with RAL with thick or thin steel or polymer.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Eugene your link is good for Illustrator 4 through CS1...

You have to ask the printer if they can mix RAL colors. If not, you may have to provide swatches to be converted to PMS or check with a spectrophotometer.

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post

And you can pad print with RAL with thick or thin steel or polymer.
        From the looks of it, you have to purchase the electronic RAL swatch library?

198 Euros at the link I gave you to RAL's site.
          Is it worth it to you?
          Assuming you can figure out the German descriptions for the Mac and Windows machines.
          I'd check on the printer first... RAL doesn't seem to sell mixing inks like Pantone does...
          We only get those numbers here for Powder Coating.
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 07-15-2010, 12:50 PM.

Latest Topics

• B
            Reply to JPG Image Resolution
            Seventy-two PPI looks OK on your computer display for the simple reason that the resolution of your display might not be much higher than that. Print, however, has much higher-resolution requirements....
            Today, 05:05 PM
          • B
            Reply to How to simulate Kraft paper color/texture with PMS colors
            In both instances, you'd be combining halftone dots on the press to create the color and tonal variations of the image. The problem you're running into with CMYK seems more to do with inconsistencies...
            Today, 04:58 PM
          • DrT
            JPG Image Resolution

I wrote a print-on-demand book (How to "Ace" Statistics 101: Textbook) which is currently sold by Amazon's Create Space. For the book, I created JPG images at 300 DPI, copied...
            Today, 04:47 PM
          • Pavlo
            Comment on Please help me get past a creative block!
            I used to get U&lc delivered to my door in the 90's too. Such a great resource for new typographers. PDF back issues available here:

p.s. I still have...
            Today, 04:41 PM
          • dspiv
            How to simulate Kraft paper color/texture with PMS colors
            Looking for a formula of sorts to simulate Kraft paper using 2-4 PMS colors instead of using CMYK. We have had inconsistent results when a CMYK version is printed using flexographic printing for gusset...
            Today, 03:52 PM

Incredible Stock
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings