Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Lucifer
    I like it. I like the way you've done the spacing.
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzling image behavior

I have created a postcard for a client in InDesign and on it is a star that is supposed to be yellow. Originally, this was also an ad in a local newspaper, and when it came out printed in the paper, the star was green. This was then an object created in InDesign.

So I went to Illustrator, created the same object as a vector one with a CMYK profile of C0 M10 Y85 K0, and linked the star to my InDesign file. The next newspaper ad came out fine.

Next was the postcard, which was printed digitally. I created the file in InDesign, using the star from Illustrator and it came out green again! (Unfortunately, my client did not forward me the proof for the printer and approved it, sigh).

My question is: why does this image come out green in print?

Looks like the star was set to overprint. Yellow+blue = green.

Comment

Perhaps the star is set to overprint, which would combine the blue and yellow colors into the green.

blog/portfolio

Comment

You're right, I just checked in Overprint view mode and that is the issue. Thanks for the help!
        Last edited by Aude; 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I do believe it's in attributes when you select the star.
          Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

One more question then: my client got a soft proof from the printer (which they didn't share with me) and the star was fine on it. I never got a warning about this. How can you prevent this from happening if nothing ever shows up until the document is actually printed?

Comment

Make sure you don't set it to Overprint...

Not sure what else you could do but maybe someone else has an idea.

Comment

Indeed but strange as I've never had that happened before. I don't use the Attributes panel, so I wonder how the Overprint option ever got checked. Odd but I learnt something!

Comment

Not 100% but is it possible you clicked an option while importing the image?

Although... come to think of it, I don't think there's an Overprint option when you import an image... hmmmmmm

Comment

There's also an Overprint preview in both ID and Acrobat.

Comment

If the proof was right, with a yellow star, the final should be right too, with a yellow star.
                      Sounds like one tech fixed it to be yellow to match your (supposedly supplied) hardcopy, and someone else saw it set to over print and 'fixed' it for press.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X