Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/2" Trim? Full Bleed? Synonymous Terminology??? HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2" Trim? Full Bleed? Synonymous Terminology??? HELP!!!

Hello:

Please, somebody help me, as I'm super stumped. Recently, I was asked to create a postcard with 1/2' Trim. It was kind of a weird test job. I remember my mentor, who was very much old school printer, used this term once, I think. I don't recalling it coming up again. I was in printing long enough to know that there are a variety of terms for the same thing. When this person was asking for 1/2' trim, were they asking for a full .125' Bleed. That's how I layed out the job, and I didn't hear any complaints, but that terminology has stumped me. Please, somebody, clarify this for me so I can get some sleep and stop thinking about this!!!!! :-)

Thanks!!!

matt

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
    Reply to Resizing images
    B
    Seems like common sense about not being able to crop a vertical photo into a horizontal space without problems, but you're not the only one running into it. Every now and then somebody will send me a...
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
  • B
    Reply to How can i delete outline of any shape?
    B
    I've used Illustrator most every day for nearly three decades now, and what you're showing in your image could be the result of about three or four dozen different problems or a combination of those things...
    Yesterday, 09:10 PM
  • praxis11
    Comment on Logo design advice
    praxis11
    What exactly do we disagree on?
    Yesterday, 08:14 PM
  • B
    Reply to Logo design advice
    B
    You didn't say that, nor did I imply that you did.

What I'm saying is that you seem to be looking at it from the perspective of being able to learn on one's own to create interesting and...
    Yesterday, 07:55 PM
  • praxis11
    Reply to Logo design advice
    praxis11
    Where did I suggest that crowdsourcing sites could provide a decent living?...
    Yesterday, 07:14 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X