Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Additional Large Format Printer

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and would like to get advices from you guys for an additional Large Format Printer which I intent to buy.

Currently, I already owned a Epson Stylus Pro 9600, which produces very good images output in 44". But, as my demand for printing 48" rises, I need to get another Lareg Format Printer which can print bigger than 48".

One of the option is Encad NovaJet Pro 600E. Users experienced in Encad, please kindly help to advise the kind of quality print that can be expected from this printer and what are the Pros & Cons.

My application is Large Format Lenticular Printing. Colour and spatial resolution accuracy is important for my application.

Any help and advices is greatly appreciated. Thanks a million in advance.

Thanks and regards.

Boey

The best printer I've seen for Lenticular printing is a Lightjet (Cymbolic Sciences). It has a very precise exposure head with no falloff on the sides of the image. Unfortunately, it is a continuous tone printer (ie $$$$$$$).

Your best bet before going to an inkjet for Lenticular is to have several different printer companies run you a test print of one of your interlaced files. You can ask the salespeople to do that. Bear in mind they may send it to corporate where the very best technician will give it his all. You may want to have that printed two ways, running with and running across the direction of the lenticules. That way you can see how well it tracks.

I've seen lenticular done VERY successfully on an HP5500. Can't say I've heard of anyone doing them on an Encad, though I'm sure someone somewhere must.

PD is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Post Edited (PrintDriver) : 4/2/2005 6:09:30 PM GMT

Comment

[quote]Hi PrintDriver,
      [quote]Thank you very much for your reply and advices.
      [quote]I have thought of getting the HP5500PS, but it is out of my budget. I will try it with the Encad NovaJet Pro 600E, as I also believed that it can work as well as the HP model.
      [quote]Thanks a million. You are very helpful.
      [quote]Regards.
      [quote]Boey
      [quote]

PrintDriver said...
      The best printer I've seen for Lenticular printing is a Lightjet (Cymbolic Sciences). It has a very precise exposure head with no falloff on the sides of the image. Unfortunately, it is a continuous tone printer (ie $$$$$$$).

Your best bet before going to an inkjet for Lenticular is to have several different printer companies run you a test print of one of your interlaced files. You can ask the salespeople to do that. Bear in mind they may send it to corporate where the very best technician will give it his all. You may want to have that printed two ways, running with and running across the direction of the lenticules. That way you can see how well it tracks.

I've seen lenticular done VERY successfully on an HP5500. Can't say I've heard of anyone doing them on an Encad, though I'm sure someone somewhere must.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X