X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double sided print?

When printing a double sided postcard or flyer etc. How do you set up the file in Illustrator? Can you have both images on the same canvas, with trim marks to show the bleed? Or, would they have to be done in two seperate files?

On the postcard for CLioSport i've set the bleed to 1/4', and left 1/8' inside the bleed for text etc... Would this be enough, or is it a bit tight?

Thanks

Beanz

http://dabeanz.deviantart.com

I usually set them up in the same document, but sometimes the printer will tell you differently. Just ask, they'll let you know ... same goes for the bleeds.
    You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

I was going to say the same thing.. check with your printer! Requirements can vary from print shop to print shop.

We are one, our cause is one, and we must help each other if we are to succeed. ~ Frederick Douglass
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I usually set mine up in quark - 2 pages. Since you are working in illustrator why dont you just place the eps files in quark? Then you would not have to worry about trim marks or placing them on the same page. Your bleed should be sufficient - we can work with as little as a 1/16'

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.
        Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
        http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I don't have quark unfortunately. I'm hoping to eventually get enough money together to buy the Adobe Creative Suite, so will eventually have Indesign... Of course i have to also convince my girlfriend that i really need to spend all that money too! lol!

http://dabeanz.deviantart.com

Comment

just throw it it one, if they need it in a seperate document it is a simpe copy and paste

'No Lois I am not drunk, I am exhausted because I have been up all night drinking.'

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X