Color management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color management

I know this is a huge area to cover but I'd really appreciate some help here.
    I have 9 macs (6 desktops and 3 powerbooks) all running Panther 10.3.9 with a mix of CRT and flatscreen displays, a RICHO color laser printer and a HP bw laser printer in my studio. We have no color management workflow at all and this obviously leads to huge inconsistencies when printing from various computers or applications.
    We produce a wide range of materials from books, posters, brochures, newsletters and manuals, to CDs, software packaging, and promotional goods using InDesign 2, Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10.
    Could anyone give me some sort of idea on how to go about properly setting up a color management system so whichever mac I print from I'll get reasonably similar results?
    I'm guessing I should go to colorsync, input settings and apply colorsync workflow in all of my applications, but which settings should I be using to set up colorsync? Also, should I try to calibrate each monitor (I have no professional way to do this) or use a single generic profile for all?
    Also, when opening documents should I convert profiles or keep embedded ones?
    Any help would really be appreciated since I obviously have no idea about color management! Sorry.
    [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/eyecrazy.gif[/img]
    Many thanks in advance.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to COLOR ISSUES!
    PrintDriver
    As a printer, I've had my fair share of client tears and chin quivers when their ''web only'' brand standard has to be printed in the real world. The RGB color gamut is much larger than CMYK. Even when...
    Today, 07:34 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Hey GDF!
    PrintDriver
    I think this OP is misinterpreting this site as a sig forum...maybe?
    SpeccialK, we'll help you out all we can with the Photoshop questions but gamer sigs and similar are just exercises in the realm...
    Today, 07:25 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Help with Photoshop
    PrintDriver
    You can step and repeat in Photoshop. It's a handful of key commands so here's someone who is doing it with pictures.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psMiMmmNgIE
    (instruction starts...
    Today, 06:57 AM
  • SpeccialK
    Feedback Appreciated
    SpeccialK
    I created my first signature in 12 years of not touching Photoshop or any graphics program in general. What do you guys think?
    Yesterday, 08:08 PM
  • SpeccialK
    Reply to Help with Photoshop
    SpeccialK
    Thank you for the help, I appreciate it!
    Yesterday, 04:32 PM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X