No announcement yet.

Color management

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color management

I know this is a huge area to cover but I'd really appreciate some help here.
    I have 9 macs (6 desktops and 3 powerbooks) all running Panther 10.3.9 with a mix of CRT and flatscreen displays, a RICHO color laser printer and a HP bw laser printer in my studio. We have no color management workflow at all and this obviously leads to huge inconsistencies when printing from various computers or applications.
    We produce a wide range of materials from books, posters, brochures, newsletters and manuals, to CDs, software packaging, and promotional goods using InDesign 2, Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10.
    Could anyone give me some sort of idea on how to go about properly setting up a color management system so whichever mac I print from I'll get reasonably similar results?
    I'm guessing I should go to colorsync, input settings and apply colorsync workflow in all of my applications, but which settings should I be using to set up colorsync? Also, should I try to calibrate each monitor (I have no professional way to do this) or use a single generic profile for all?
    Also, when opening documents should I convert profiles or keep embedded ones?
    Any help would really be appreciated since I obviously have no idea about color management! Sorry.
    Many thanks in advance.

Latest Topics

• John G
    Reply to Resizing images
    John G
    Resize with 72 dpi (web) (usually the creatives pixel sizes work out with whatever they're working with) It's usually not great, I just flex (and don't get promoted either, fuck if I actually care). Center...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • sangbomb
    Reply to adobe photoshop 17.0
    I don't know sorry
    Yesterday, 08:49 PM
  • Guava weasel
    Reply to Business card - need critiques
    Guava weasel
    Thanks for the critique. I went back into Illustrator and reduced the number of colors in the card. I used colors from the Pantone solid matte swatches. I'm not a professional graphic...
    Yesterday, 08:47 PM
  • B
    Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
    When an image is imported, a low-resolution preview is created and stored in the file when it's saved. Whether the associated file is accessible or not, the low-resolution preview that was created when...
    Yesterday, 08:18 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
    Hi Jframe2002 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Incredible Stock
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings