No announcement yet.

Color management

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color management

I know this is a huge area to cover but I'd really appreciate some help here.
    I have 9 macs (6 desktops and 3 powerbooks) all running Panther 10.3.9 with a mix of CRT and flatscreen displays, a RICHO color laser printer and a HP bw laser printer in my studio. We have no color management workflow at all and this obviously leads to huge inconsistencies when printing from various computers or applications.
    We produce a wide range of materials from books, posters, brochures, newsletters and manuals, to CDs, software packaging, and promotional goods using InDesign 2, Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10.
    Could anyone give me some sort of idea on how to go about properly setting up a color management system so whichever mac I print from I'll get reasonably similar results?
    I'm guessing I should go to colorsync, input settings and apply colorsync workflow in all of my applications, but which settings should I be using to set up colorsync? Also, should I try to calibrate each monitor (I have no professional way to do this) or use a single generic profile for all?
    Also, when opening documents should I convert profiles or keep embedded ones?
    Any help would really be appreciated since I obviously have no idea about color management! Sorry.
    Many thanks in advance.

Latest Topics

• Kayekaye
    Reply to The "I'm out of the office" Client
    Well this client has gotten totally out of control. Learn the lesson to cover all aspects of this in your next contract. I get a 50% down payment before I proceed and get paid in full before it goes live....
    Today, 10:06 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Client keeps failing to show up at meetings
    That's so unfair. I wouldn't waste any more time on her. Next time she calls tell her you are sorry but you booked up too far in advance and can't possibly meet with her anytime soon, like till late next...
    Today, 09:52 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to What's the name of this graphic design?
    It does look like fractal art. There are many different kinds of fractal art all made up from different mathematical equations.

I think this was the first one that came on the scene from...
    Today, 09:46 PM
  • B
    I charge them money for the wasted time.

Even though it might seem that I charge for work, I'm really charging for the time spent doing that work. If a client books an hour-long meeting,...
    Today, 08:52 PM
  • PanToshi
    How about video conferencing or skype. Repeated cancellations are just not on.
    Today, 08:22 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us