Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Hi I'm Salt.
    Buda
    Hi Salt and welcome to GDF. I have friends who are artists and animators. Some are even both

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get...
    Today, 07:53 PM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to free upload area?
    murofwoh
    thanks everyone, dropbox worked (i think)
    Today, 07:53 PM
  • Cosmo
    Cosmo
    With Dropbox you can also use it like Hightail - upload the file, then send someone a link to it. They don't have to have Dropbox to access it.
    Today, 06:59 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to school project one pager
    kemingMatters
    Nit picky, but the circle in the eagle roll-over jumps about 10+ pixels when rolled-over
    Today, 06:23 PM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    Hightail is free up to a point under a certain filesize.
    Same goes for Dropbox.
    They are different services though. Hightail, your recipient gets a download link and doesn't require they have...
    Today, 05:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for foil stamped pocket folders?

Anyone know of a good source for pocket folders off hand?

I only need to order 500 or 1000 flat gold foil stamped.

TIA for any input!

'They say time is the fire in which we burn.'
    - Dr. Tolian Soran</font>
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

What's a pocket folder? [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Sound advice I recieved from my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter:

'Grandpa, don't eat the popcorn bones'

Comment

my worst nightmare, apparently.

Comment

Ahh I had to google it, We call em kit covers or presentation folders. Most printers should be able to print them and the send em out to be die cut. Your quantities with foil are gonna be expensive.

Sound advice I recieved from my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter:

'Grandpa, don't eat the popcorn bones'

Comment

well, nobody here will take MY word for it... maybe a couple of nice estimates will make a difference.

Comment

Maybe you need a few fake estimates then...Here's mine - 1 million dollars!! HAHAHAHA

Hey how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be ANARCHY!

Comment

The last gold foil stamping I did was at Tilford Printing in Papillion Ne.
              The last pocket folder I did was at Dilley Manufacturing, Des Moines, IA.
              Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
              Through the Looking Glass

Comment

pocket folder/foil stamp recommendation...

This is a shop I used to work at. We did tons of foil stamped pocket folders. The customer will need to provide the die, or have one made, but you probably already knew that.

http://www.aeprinters.com - This place is in Lansing, MI - About an hour and a half northwest of Detroit.

This place does the die cuts, and the foil stamps in house. They use two ancient Heidelberg letterpresses, one for die-cutting/numbering, and one for foil stamping. I would guess the job would be about a thousand to twelve hundred US, but I don't know the cost of the foil, the cover stock, and whether they have some in stock they can use vs. having to buy a fresh roll, which in the case of foil, is HIGHLY recommended anyway, as the older it gets the more brittle it becomes...

I learned a ton about letterpress, a personal fave among presses, from the guy who does stuff at this shop. He's a craftsman, a true master of the LP. I highly recommend this place for their quality, but the sales people and most of the front office folks are morons... FYI and good luck...

matt

Comment

thanks for the tips, guys! Cheers!

Comment

any luck morea? I am ordering some as well and came here for a good resource and found this thread.

I know this place makes them http://www.printglobe.com but not sure how good they are.
                    the best designs happen when you don't even realize they are there.

Comment

I did find someone locally, here in upstate NY, who did a nice job for a reasonable price.

I used BQP, and you can get a free estimate from them here, but depending on where you are located, the shipping can get pricey.

Hope that helps some!

Comment

Very Cool

I'm trying to set up my files and i'm not sure if i should do black on white or reverse it so that the logos are white on black?

Comment

in my experience, white folders show more dirt than black ones.

Comment

oh no i'm just setting up the files in illy, the folders are actually blue.

Comment

oh, lol! Black and white folders might be neat!

I set mine up as black on white, the black being where the foil would cover. That's how the print shop requested them from me.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X