Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    B
    As HotButton says, it's really only part of the Harley Davidson crowd who dress up in the tough guy costumes. Neither BMW nor Ducati riders, for example, would be caught dead looking like them.
    Today, 05:06 PM
  • dotta
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    dotta
    You are correct in saying that. I'm using wordpress to make my webcomic, so I'm having to rewrite the code with each page.

Here's the website: http://jessaandnora.com/

I will...
    Today, 04:19 PM
  • HotButton
    HotButton
    Igh...I believe Moto Rivista is aimed more at the "Cafe Racer" mindset, as opposed to unwashed costumed chest thumping whiners.

In any case, sorry Creare, but I think this is a...
    Today, 03:57 PM
  • typo
    Reply to Typography resources.
    typo
    Hey there guys,
    Talking about mixing fonts, I just found this book (The big book of font combinations only in pdf version as far as I can see) and I was wondering, Is there any good alternative...
    Today, 03:14 PM
  • Momoshy
    Momoshy
    Hey, what kind of magazine is this?
    Because, when I think of motorcycles, I think of very macho men, Heavy metal, tatooed men on Harley Davidson style, which I relate to a heavy, raw and straight...
    Today, 03:01 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color sep problems in ID?

Can you guys give Neuro a hand with this? I have no clue!

Ok, lets see if I can explain this. I have setup a document with a front and back in InDesign. It is printing in black and pms 185 Red. I exported the PDF and played out the separations. This is what I got:

Pg1 - Black on from page one

Pg2 - PMS 185 from page one and Black from page 2 printing behind the
    red parts.

Pg3 - PMS 185 from page two

This is very strange because if each page is played out by itself for
    separations it is fine and give me just the color seps from that page.

I don't know a lot about color setting with InDesign and thought it might be that. I just don't get why it is a problem to the Phaser 7300 but when we play it out to the ECRM RIP it is fine?!

Obviously I did the work around but just thought I would see if you guys
    could give any hints.

Another odd thing is that some of the black from logos drawn in Illy have been dropping out in separations too. Again, fine when it goes to the RIP but drops when it goes to the Phaser for separations. I already made sure it's the exact same black in both the Illy and InDesign. Again, it's probably the color setting but just thought I would let you guys take some shots at it.

If it is the color settings, what do you guys recommend I set everything
    to? Is there a way to determine which is the best setting?

Thanks in advance for any insight! TGIF!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

bump

Comment

I don't have a clue. Maybe a driver problem or just one of those things that you never figure out. Or it could be a font because they can cause all kinds of weird mischief. As long as it RIPs I wouldn't mess with any color settings

Comment

I have a bit of the second part going on with my phaser too. Try converting the logos to 1200 dpi monochrome (or 300 dpi greyscale if they're greyscale) and test seps again on the phaser. If they print, then it's probably something simple like an unclosed curve in the logo or a fountain fill or something. I haven't been able to solve this with a number of logos, so I have to resort to the workarounds too, which means keeping two copies of the FINISHED work - one vector and one bitmapped. it sucks.

Comment

That actually makes me feel better. Makes me feel like I didn't miss something. I like to be in the same loop as other ppl, even if it is a work around loop. LOL! Thanks for the ideas, guys!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X