Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color sep problems in ID?

Can you guys give Neuro a hand with this? I have no clue!

Ok, lets see if I can explain this. I have setup a document with a front and back in InDesign. It is printing in black and pms 185 Red. I exported the PDF and played out the separations. This is what I got:

Pg1 - Black on from page one

Pg2 - PMS 185 from page one and Black from page 2 printing behind the
    red parts.

Pg3 - PMS 185 from page two

This is very strange because if each page is played out by itself for
    separations it is fine and give me just the color seps from that page.

I don't know a lot about color setting with InDesign and thought it might be that. I just don't get why it is a problem to the Phaser 7300 but when we play it out to the ECRM RIP it is fine?!

Obviously I did the work around but just thought I would see if you guys
    could give any hints.

Another odd thing is that some of the black from logos drawn in Illy have been dropping out in separations too. Again, fine when it goes to the RIP but drops when it goes to the Phaser for separations. I already made sure it's the exact same black in both the Illy and InDesign. Again, it's probably the color setting but just thought I would let you guys take some shots at it.

If it is the color settings, what do you guys recommend I set everything
    to? Is there a way to determine which is the best setting?

Thanks in advance for any insight! TGIF!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

bump

Comment

I don't have a clue. Maybe a driver problem or just one of those things that you never figure out. Or it could be a font because they can cause all kinds of weird mischief. As long as it RIPs I wouldn't mess with any color settings

Comment

I have a bit of the second part going on with my phaser too. Try converting the logos to 1200 dpi monochrome (or 300 dpi greyscale if they're greyscale) and test seps again on the phaser. If they print, then it's probably something simple like an unclosed curve in the logo or a fountain fill or something. I haven't been able to solve this with a number of logos, so I have to resort to the workarounds too, which means keeping two copies of the FINISHED work - one vector and one bitmapped. it sucks.

Comment

That actually makes me feel better. Makes me feel like I didn't miss something. I like to be in the same loop as other ppl, even if it is a work around loop. LOL! Thanks for the ideas, guys!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X