Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for 8.5x11 clear labels

Anyone know what company might produce 8.5 x 11 clear labels to use in a laser printer? We need to make footprints on a carpet, and want to avoid cutting out the foot shape. So if we could get clear labels, that would work, but I don't see anything on Xerox or Avery's sites.
    wieNerDog

staples or office max?
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

get some acetate a scalpel and some spray paint. crafts are fun, wienerdude.

Comment

There are specialty print shops that can usually do this type of thing with vinyl. I had to do some window stickers recently, seems like that might do the trick. I don't remember the cost, but I don't think it was outrageous. There are different types of adhesive, too, depending on how permanent you want them to be.
        You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

but I guess I am not getting how you stick this to carpet (or why), so maybe not. ?? lol
          You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Hey what about printing them on a transparency (hp makes transparency acetate 8.5 x 11 for inkjet and laser printers), then use a dab of rubber contact cement to afix them on the carpet. The dab of rubber cement should hurt the carpet at all and should come off easily.

I am sure you could find some clipart foots prints, possibly at www.clipart.com or a similar site.

Allen
            Allen Harkleroad
            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

http://www.data-labels.com/fulsheetclea.html

http://www.4faxribbons.com/ml-4005.html
              Last edited by Keyare; 04-22-2005, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Find a local sign shop with a Gerber 'EDGE'. They can print an 11.5" path and cut a 12.5" path on vinyl rolls and CLear Static Cling. Light tack non-adhesive (no glue to clean up), variety of colors, reusable - a nice product.

Can also be made on clear vinyl with permanent adhesives. Even make them out of flocking (fuzzy iron-on stuff).
                --Ciao for Niao--
                Ethan

Comment

No one is asking how long you want em to last...
                  Anything stuck to carpet (depending on the nap) lasts as long as it takes the first person to walk over it usually. Some of the Avery floor graphic systems say they'll stay stuck to low-nap industrial carpet but you'll have to find a print vendor that prints them (many sign shops do). BUT, I've only seen them barely make it thru a trade show stop without edge rolling or lifting.

Have you considered stencils and paint?

Comment

when went to write this, my cat stepped on the monitor and pressed ctrl+alt+del

omfg.

say it with me now, people: "CRAFTS ARE FUN!!!"

woooohoo! yeah!

*unc highfives monitor*
                    Last edited by uncle carbunkle; 04-23-2005, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Stencil and Paint. I think I said that too...

Crafts are fun?
                      But can you do them with a computer?
                      I mean, I don't know if I can do crafts if I can't at least be holding my mouse in one hand...

Comment

my concession: print vector artwork onto acetate.

we good? spray cans at dawn?
                        :P

Comment

Likely to get caught in broad daylight. Call it for midnight and yer on...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X