Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexander.aXy
    Reply to From Architect House Plan to Realistic 3D model
    Alexander.aXy
    Thanks guys,

I thought i could do it in 24h, but i realised meanwhile that it was impossible. The software are complicated enough.. I had a friend to help me and i was able to show it to...
    Today, 10:29 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    The highest I managed was 35. But I think the levels are generated by the program and there will be a new level as long as there is still time left on the clock, no matter how fast you are.
    Today, 09:20 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    I have noticed the same thing with me, only with dark green. I'm averaging 25 but I made it to 35 only once and that was a lucky streak without any dark greens whatsoever.
    Today, 09:18 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Here are some of the other Idea's I've had roughly made up in illustrator. I also tried another variant of the original logo, editing the font a little bit and sticking to the egg idea rather than the...
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Hi guys thanks for all the input,

@Kitchwitch thank you for the welcome Ill go over and check out the rules now, glad to know I wasn't having computer errors in posting this.
    Today, 04:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giclée: to squirt

Giclée printing...i enjoy the way they look and i can get quotes locally, but i've never had any of my work printed using this method.

any advice? tips? warnings? stories?

Giclée printing...discuss...

never heard of it

man I am so much help aren't I?
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

THANKS, JOE!
      :thumbsup:

Comment

I hope that makes your choice for ya

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

The important question is do they have beer?

Comment

*sigh*

useless. you two are useless.

Comment

In a week attempt of being use full (I'm a man remember) I say ask for samples. Do a test run something simple that you can forgive them for messing up. Then decide if there worth their weight in salt. I use a lot of internet based printing. One thing is if there customer support sucks don’t bank on them you know a relationship with you printer can make you or break you especially in a time of need.

Did that help?

Comment

did someone say chicklets?

Comment

cool it's fine art printing (I Googled it). the site I found was impressive. they had a nice QT movie explaining the process.

Comment

that was good, sound, redundant advice benjo - thanks!

delete - we're talking about sleeping bags, actually.

defjoe - what is that link? i know what it is, but i'd like to see your amazing site. please?

Comment

Unk, do you really want to know about Giclee?

It's a fine art digital inkjet process. True giclee is printed in a drum printer and usually has a size limit that will depend on the vendor.

It used to be the inks were good for 10 years and would only go onto a very high quality acid-free paper but now the inksets have some pretty decent life expectencies (if the print is mounted and framed correctly) and there are all sorts of substrates available including canvas looks and textured canvas. Be sure to ask the vendor for the Wilhelm rating of his inks and substrates.

These prints have been fighting for acceptance in the Fine Art world and only recently, with the new inksets, have become accepted in the signed/limited edition collectors' world.

Expensive in comparison to other inkjet but you can ask more for them as well.

Comment

thanks pd. that's pretty much what i knew...i've just never gone through the process myself before. you need transparancies of the piece...right? how exciting.

i've got a few illustrator buddies who have embraced this process and are doing well by it. takes a lot of hassle out of print-making, when you are about the one piece, rather than the process of hand-pulling 500.

could you use the giclee process to make a book? wow, i never thought of that before. could you bind the end product? do people do that, or is it ridiculous?

Comment

i know it would be an expensive book, but i'm just brain-storming here...

Comment

You do need a good transparency IF the art is not already digital.

Not a 35mm. Depending on the art, a 2-1/4 may do it or a 4" may be better. Most vendors will either be able to do it for you or they work with an art photographer that can.

I never really thought about using it as a replacement for screen printing or printmaking because we always seem to screen on 'boards' of some kind.

I suppose you could make a book with it. But I don't know of one that prints double-sided. Most of the substrates have a 'good' side. Some of the lighter canvases would take stitching nicely. Possibly some of the papers as well. Or get all avant-garde on the binding... could be fun.

Damn Unk. Always thinking out of the box eh?
                            I know an artist who is selling limited editions of his prints for over $500 a whack. He gets $5000-$10000 for an original oil painting.

Comment

hmmmm...methinks i'll have to find out who buddies use locally and have a chat with them.

also, looking at the amount of detail that the scans pick up makes me want to do vector, acrylic and hand printed projects...aaaaaaaargh! too many ideas! not enough money!

lol! story of my life.

thanks, pd!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X