• redneckrodney
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    redneckrodney
    Oh yeah, and this...

Today, 04:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    <b>
    My favorite line from the generic promo video...

"There's a shitload of people in the world -- 'specially in India."

Today, 04:44 AM
  • <b>
    Comment on Delete post from years ago
    <b>
    You need a few posts under your belt before the forum software will allow you to send private messages. Generally we don't like delete posts if they will disrupt the continuity of a thread.
    Today, 04:35 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    salsa
    And don't forget the music: a catchy little tune with three notes in the entire song, sounds like it was written by an optimistic hipster.
    Today, 04:27 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prepress which black or registration

Hi!
    Could someone please just give some brief points on when my text should be black and when it should be registration. Is 'rich black' the same as registration, or do I have to 'mix' it myself (K = 100% and C/M 40%)?

Your help is always apreciated.
    Cheers

Text should never be registration or rich black unless you want some angry pressmen. Registration should only be used for targets, ticks and non printing notes outside the margins. Rich black should be used for large areas of solid black only.

Comment

Exactly what i needed to know - thanks heaps!

Comment

Your welcome, and welcome to the forum

Comment

Out of interest Kool, what happens when you have a large are a of rich black (100%K/45%C) with reveresed out text (10pt). Should I be playing with the trapping settings on the cyan?

Comment

I've never bothered, cyan is light enough that a tiny bit out of register won't show up. Visually the black will dominate. I never trap text ever unless it's real big, like 200 pts AND a spot color.

Comment

fair enough. I've used a rich black with white-out text on business cards and the misregistered ones don't look too bad, but I wondering if there was anything I could do to reduce it. I'll probably just use 100% K next time

Comment

No you need to use rich black or it will often come out kind of dark gray. Just don't try and trap the text. It's not necessary, a few dots of 40% C M or Y won't be noticable unless you use loupe. What you are doing by using the rich black is making the ink a little thicker, a little heavier. to give you that deep dark look. The eye will just see the black because it is so dominate and will cancel out any bleed over.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X