Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Comment on Logo design for Game Developer
    PrintDriver
    So now we're up to four claimants. Excellent.

from the Shutterstock license:...
    Today, 11:47 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    creare
    no good, as if they were three separate things.
    the idea is good but you have to try to get them freehand on a sheet of paper, you can take inspiration from old photographs or something to similar...
    Today, 10:53 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    creare
    ~~You need to think of them in black and white, for example on how to make a cardboard box.
    the font are not good ,too crushed ,and difficult to read ,you also have to adjust the set with diamond...
    Today, 10:45 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    creare
    You need to think of them in black and white, for example on how to make a cardboard box.
    the font are not good ,too crushed ,and difficult to read ,you also have to adjust the set with diamond...
    Today, 10:44 PM
  • grphxdsner
    Comment on Flyer looking for improvements
    grphxdsner
    This is amazing.
    Today, 10:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color shift from EPS to PDF

Hi, I've created a business card in Illustrator (CMYK) all prints fine from Illustrator...when I save to PDF, the colors seem to lighten/shift a bit. I've been looking around the PDF settings and I'm not sure what setting to adjust.

I need to send the file as PDF to the printer, however, I'm not confident the colors are going to come out quite right.

sb

Did you just save to pdf from illustrator? If so I would suggetst printing to a postscript file and then distill it with acrobat. that should solve your problem.

Illustrator really sucks for making pdfs for some reason!

Comment

Are you using Pantone Colors ?

If so you shouldn't worry about the color change. If you save it to JPG, TIF or any other format colors may change slightly.

There is no guarantee when it comes to colors.

I handle alot of printing projects, Keeping to the Pantone Color Codes will be the safest.
      Last edited by Driliquid; 05-02-2005, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Mickey, I printed to 'adobe postscript file'...then tried using Distiller, but the file doesn't appear as a ps...doesn't display at all?

I should mention that this is for digital output...printer's only requirement is that the file be in CMYK....so I understand that I won't get the exact pantone color I'm hoping for, but I'm picking a strong red, and when I save to PDF, and print a test page, it comes out almost pale brownish...

(the values I used for the red are:C:0 M:83 Y:65, K:18.5
        Last edited by shirbit; 05-02-2005, 02:04 PM.

Comment

What type of printer are you using?

We use CMYK Printer with 5 different catridges.
          C M Y K BK BK

When we print out a proof before sending to a printer. The colors are pretty much a perfect match about 90%

If you are using a RGB color printer the colors will be alot different from a CMYK printer.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X