Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    <b>
    One of the big "Ah Ha!" moments in art or design school is when the whole concept of negative space kicks in, along with the realization that it's been hiding in plain sight for years without...
    Today, 09:45 PM
  • Staisman
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    What exactly do you mean by the negative and the positive shapes? As I said before I am not a professional. This is my first use of the Illustrator and a logo creation. Well don't count my old one that...
    Today, 09:25 PM
  • Staisman
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    Is it a good or a bad thing ? -...
    Today, 09:22 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Envelope Printing
    Designia
    Why because you didn't like what you were told?
    Today, 09:22 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    <b>
    Okay, you took all my points and ran with them.

Your solution isn't exactly what I would have done, but then again, it shouldn't be. You might want to experiment around a bit more to refine...
    Today, 09:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good books on print????

hi anyone know any good books that goes into the ins and outs of prepress and print... something that will have everything in it incl, colour, bleeed fold marks etc etc etc..
    thanks
    i love work...
    ... i can sit and watch it all day

www.prepressure.com is a good website to read. Very informative and very good advice for the most part. All I have to say on it is if you are doing anything large or wide format, call your printer first for specs.

I have a Pocket Pal Graphic Arts Production Handbook but it's so old it's more like a History of Print. LOL! It was great when I was in school.
    See if they have a current model.

Comment

Good idea on the "Pocket Pal" PD!
      I got one when I was in school and still have it
      You can STILL get a copy, and this one is newer than mine...I have the 16th Edition. I think the newest one is the 19th.

Get Pocket Pal here!

Also, the site that PD mentioned is an excellent resource, quite handy!
      I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I haven't finished it yet, but 'Getting it right in print' By Mark Gatter, seems to be really informative! It also tells you about the different techniques on both sides of the pond!

Comment

Hi there - I have a wonderful book called "Production for Graphic Designers" by Alan Pipes. It's got a garish orangey cover and it tells me eveything I need to know. Not only does it go into good enough detail but it caters for people with little basic understanding. Good book

Comment

brilliant!
            thanks for all your help.
            i love work...
            ... i can sit and watch it all day

Comment

Also check out Robin Williams's Non-Designer's Scan and Print book. It's got a great grip on the basics, and pitfalls. Plus, she's excellent at distilling information down to any level. I highly recommend anything by her.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X