Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    HotButton
    Yes, use whatever units that will allow you to make comfortable calculations...but don't use pixels. When designing for on-screen viewing, it's okay to use pixels, but the pixel is not a valid unit of...
    Today, 01:18 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to UX tips
    sketxz!
    thanks, that was very helpful. So what kind of work could be considered UX?
    Today, 01:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Catalog Design
    kemingMatters
    Indesign, it's nested paragraph and GREP styles and ability to anchor images come in handy. You can also create an index with the index palette to name a few things it does well.
    Today, 12:33 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Font Management
    garricks
    We use FEX. Works great…
    Today, 12:30 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Hi everyone!
    garricks
    Hey Nik!
    Today, 12:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-page layout

This is probably not a very smart question, but what the hell...

If i make a layout of, for instance, business cards; say 10 to a page of A4 (i haven't measured it yet), would i be right in assuming i only need to worry about bleed on the outside edge? Not where the cards are joining?

I'm about 98% sure that's right, but i figured better safe than sorry lol!

No you actually have to bleed each card. Bleed is for cutting and unless you can cut without flaws I wouldn't do it.

Comment

The exception would be the relatively rare case where all the bleeding elements are absolutely straight vert or horiz across the card, and solid.

Comment

I thought of that then I thought what are the chances. lol!

Comment

I don't know... I've seen a lot cards where the only bleed situation is a horizontal cross card rule. It's probably just a printer trick for charging more for the bleeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
            I don't know... I've seen a lot cards where the only bleed situation is a horizontal cross card rule. It's probably just a printer trick for charging more for the bleeds!
            Explain please? I loster then a mother.

Comment

You know... a card where a horizontal line goes from left to right edge. If it's truly straight, you can butt them right upagainst each other without leaving any bleed area because it all becomes one straight line when n-upped in the final assembly. Technically-- it is a bleed. Only, since it's always in the same place, stright, and there's no variation in the tone (a tint would work too), there's no need to work in extra space for the bleeding.
              Last edited by Bob; 05-12-2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for pointers... So if the patterns/colours on the cards run straight through, there's no need for the bleed on the inner joins, just the outside edge? Otherwise it's full bleed all the way around each card...

Comment

Yes I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

>>So if the patterns/colours on the cards run straight through, there's no need for the bleed on the inner joins, just the outside edge?<<

Notice I said flat tones. Patterns or any texture won't work because the 'joint' will show. Unless you use a very wide seamless pattern.

Comment

yeah sorry i wasn't thinking patterns, more non uniform shapes lol! :P

Now have you got that Benjo? j/k

Comment

Originally posted by benjo
                        No you actually have to bleed each card. Bleed is for cutting and unless you can cut without flaws I wouldn't do it.
                        Hay Can you tell me what flaws means.

you mean the error. flaws or is it a termonology used for some thing

Comment

yeah flaws = mistakes

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X