Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• extraordenary
    Comment on First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Thank you a lot for the constructive criticism. The logos were actually given me to begin with and they were made on Illustrator, so I couldn't really do anything about that. I have learned a lot in terms...
    Today, 09:07 AM
  • Salt
    Comment on Happy Turkey Day!!
    Salt
    hehe
    because you ate stuffed turkey.
    Today, 08:05 AM
  • MaNL
    Reply to Sand Queen
    MaNL
    Hey, my fellow countryman! Great illustrations, especially knowing you picked up illustrator just 6 moths ago. Just wanted to know if all of the illustrations are drawn by yourself? If yes thats a big...
    Today, 07:18 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Constructive Criticism?
    murofwoh
    agree lose the slogan ---ha, pretty brash..........................other than that, since you are a youngin', you have a nice start. continue to push the envelope and learn learn learn learn and observe...
    Today, 05:40 AM
  • murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• print pdf

I need to print a document out (each page is about 8 x 5") but coming out like a magazine style format. It has 12 pages, where is the option so that i could print 1 and 12 page together on one side page2 and 11 etc.. I hope you guys understand what i am trying to ask. I did this long time ago in acrobat.. but don't remember the option.

you mean you need

12 + 1
    2 + 11
    10 + 3 together etc?

You either have to set your document up that way and then export to PDF or you have to shift around the PDFs in your document and print as spreads.
    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I remember there is a function in acrobat reader writer that allows you to modify single pages pdf to magazine layout, so that i don't have to shift the pdf pages around manually.

Comment

my experience is that you have to distill, export, or save-as a PDF with "reader spreads" as an option. you could play around with the imposition in Pit Stop or some program like that, but not shift the pages and the layout itself in PDF.

also most printers want PDFs, single pages, 1/8" bleed incorporated into each page, and then part of their workflow is the imposition software... so most places wouldn't even want spreads, as that's kind of old school... that's my experience anyway...

Comment

I just need to print a bunch of single pages pdf files into a booklet format and i am trying to find the fastest way to do format it.

Comment

Some S/W ;ets you print only the Odd pages, then yuo reinsert and/or flip the stack and print only Even pages, and it comes out as a perfect bound document. Unless you are trying to show yours saddle stiched.
            --Ciao for Niao--
            Ethan

Comment

You're basicly after something to impose single page PDFs into a booklet PDF, saddle stitch.

Unless you have a plugin like 'Quite Imposing', probably the most straightforward way to do this is to 'place' each PDF page into a blank layout document (Quark, PM, ID), that's double the width of your page, in an imposed sequence, and output the whole shebang as a PDF.

Comment

I knew Broacher would help when he had a chance
                I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

thanks guys!

it was the quite imposing software that i was thinking of. My former company had that installed into acrobat which made life much easier to print. Which is probably why i can't find it in my acrobat.

thanks again!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X