No announcement yet.

2 colour printing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 colour printing

I need an answer to a hopefully very simple (possibly obvious) question.
    I am preparing a 2 colour leaflet with Quark and Illustrator: black and a pantone colour. Can I leave black as black or do I need to specify it as a pantone/spot colour?

Hope that makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum raroo, you can leave it as plain old 100% black.

^ what he said!

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Yeah, as long as it's 100% black you will be fine. A good tip would be to eliminate all the swatches you can from your document except the ones you need. That way you don't have any chance that something is a different color. The other thing is to print a PDF with separations on (if you don't have a print driver that can do it) and you will be able to see if it separates ok.

Latest Topics

• JuliaAndrea2013
          Hi there!r
          Hello to everybody!
          I'm Julia and I'm from Italy but now I'm living in Glasgow to attend my degree in Digital Media and working in every project that arise, both paid and unpaid, related with graphic...
          Today, 02:06 PM
        • Chiggins
          Comment on Orthography
          Thanks, I do realise there is a difference in definition but when looking at orthography specifically in graphic design the two do merge as typography also plays with how you display language and experiment...
          Today, 12:03 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Looking for an Online Graphic Design Tool with Specific Features
          It must exist somewhere because that is exactly the format one of my IRA accounts uses in its monthly reports, including the year to date feature and indicator note arrows. And they must use it on a massive...
          Today, 10:21 AM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to How to land your first internship?
          That's a somewhat different approach.
          Because, you see, I view learning as something you do on your own time and I don't think I'd stress the point that you have no real world experience. If you...
          Today, 10:08 AM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Orthography
          Orthography? As in proper spelling and grammar?
          The simple wiki definition clearly distinguishes between orthography and typography.

Today, 10:00 AM

Incredible Stock
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings