Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a wedding invitation

hi people,
    im getting married in august and i get the pleasure of designing our wedding invitations. the easy part is done, i know what the design will be.

what i need to come up with is some sort of device where i can make this a mailer, hold a CD, a RSVP card.

the design does bleed so it needs a trim. what size paper would you use and trim down to? also, how can i make this thing fold, hold a CD and be mailable?

any ideas are appreciated! thank you!!

I think your best bet will be to talk to who ever will be printing the invitations. Ask them how they want your file set up and tell them your exact needs. They'll be able to give you all of the information you need, and you won't have to guess.
    ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

In my last year of school one of the guys submitted a booklet with a CD in it as his final project. What he did was took a jewl case and some how cut the middle button piece out of it. He glued it to the paper and then cut a hole on the other side of the paper and folded it over to hide any edges so just the piece the CD stuck to was poping through.
      I thought it was a pretty cool idea but dont know how well it will work on a wedding invitation. Or if your greek and have 1000 people coming it could take you a month just to do that part.

Comment

you can buy sticky cd holder doohickeys - just slap 'em on your invite.

Comment

you can get a die cut so you can have a flap inside to hold the cd. ot just get an envelope large enough for both the CD and the invite.
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

i just place the cd in there with some gorilla snot. no die cuts on a tight budget. the challenge is figuring out the size and how to fold it and make this mailable. i really dont want to just throw everything loose in an envelope.

Comment

show us what you have so far. i bet i can come up with something - i'm good like that.

Comment

less than elegant, but some nice single cd sleeves here.
                http://www.univenture.com/subsinglediscsleeves2.htm

you may be able to work it into your look? a friend of mine got married and he got some poly sleeves and put ribbon through them.

Another option is to get ahesive hubs and not worry about the snot glue
                http://www.discmarket.com/search.aspx?group=FOAMHUBS

Comment

I was thinking about this and just came up with a couple quickies.

The top one would have to be wafer sealed on the top, they won't wafer it on the bottom (unless they double seal it) as mail sorters tend to break it open. Of course you could also just use that and stuff it in a larger evelope.
                  Now with these as is, you'd have to have some thick stock no die cuts here & it uses foam hubs.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by emel; 05-25-2005, 09:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

glue one of those plastic holders (not the jewel case but the slip ones) on the inside of the invite. yuo can get like 100 for $10/15
                    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

emel, those are great! i like both those ideas.. ill have to run them by the boss (my wife) ha.. and see what she thinks. im leaning twoard the top layout myself. nice ideas. ill post some layouts when i get closer. also, i like the idea of the hubs holding the cd in there, without the paper envelope.

Comment

cool, glad you like. I would make sure to have sufficient strength in whatever stock you use so the discs don't crack in shipment

Comment

Can I ask what you're putting on the CD? Pictures or info or something? I'm getting married in a year, so I'm working on planning right now.
                          ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

were getting married out in a rural area, about 30 miles from the reception, so its a bunch of driving music for the guests to listen to on the way there and back to the reception.

Comment

Oh, another idea, I don't think anyone has brought it up yet. Why not use those mini-sized CD's to help with shipping size/cost?
                              ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X