Reply to Confessions
    kemingMatters
    LOL @ "I never test on IE"
    Today, 02:41 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Advice for logo
    seamas
    No.

I would lose the curve at the bottom of the K and be done with it....
    Today, 02:33 PM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    hey, thanks! yep I agree. Tho here's a screenshot of the original K and my logo.
    Actually, I was wrong - I didn't make the rounding bigger, I just changed it's curve coz it was not a perfect circle...
    Today, 02:24 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Open corrupted qxp files
    KitchWitch
    Hi Jiri and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:15 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to HELLO
    sketxz!
    Hello! Welcome to the forum. May I ask where are you from?
    Today, 02:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Match Prints (Yourself?)

I haven't done much research on this except from what i've gazed upon here at the gdf.
    i want to be able to print out color accurate prints, so we can see what the artwork will 'really' look like (or close to it) before we send it to the printshops.
    right now we have an old Deskjet 1200c, yikes!
    what kind of printer should i get in order to do something like this?
    i've also read something about RIP Pro 2000, is that something i would want?

any kind of info on this subject would be greatly appreciated!
    www.standercreative.com

:bump:

Comment

I am not sure how you would go about doing this - we have always made match prints from film before making press plates. I was told that was the only way to get really accurate color - but it seems like there must be something reasonably close... hopefully someone with a bit more experience can chime in later....
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Wow.... this is a whole nother can of worms.
        First, you would need to talk to your printer.
        Find out IF they calibrate their printers, and how often they re-linearlize them. Not all printers calibrate, believe it or not!
        Second, you will need to ask them to email you their media profile. Sometimes they are posted right on the website.
        As far as proofing on a desktop printer, I've never done it. You can apply the media profile you got from the printer to your desktop printer. Applying this profile will limit your printer, so that it matches what your printer prints on, instead of what your desktop is capable of printing on.
        You can also use the profile you got from your printer and soft-proof in Photoshop (or whatever desktop publishing program you are using)... This is only effective, however, if you calibrate your monitor!!
        I've never proofed to a desktop printer - so you'll have to get more info from someone a little more knowledgable.
        GOOD LUCK!!

Jon

Comment

We use an Epson Pro 4800
          Used to use a Fuji Pictroproofer 2

The quality is top-notch on both machines. They will both give acurate color proofing,. As far as the differences, go, the Epson is MUCH smaller and supplies are MUCH cheaper (albeit, they get used up faster). We just got the Epson, though, so I don't have a huge basis of comparison. I'll try to post more when I can.

Comment

cool, thanks for your comments guys!
            www.standercreative.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X