Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic Toner?

Hey, just wondering if someone can answer this for me,

I have a Mono LaserPrinter from HP, Its a 6P and I've recently bought a new Toner Cartridge and I'm just lettin the current one inside runn out...

Anyway I was just wondering, not sure if these exist but if I was fill that cartridge with another colour then it will print in that colour, right?
    Well can anyway tell me, can you get Metallic Toner, e.g. like Gold?? if so does anyone know where and can it be bought like a refil?, can a Laser Cartridge be refilled???

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I doubt you can do this and even if you could I wouldn't recommend refilling your old black cartridge with another color.

Toner is typically made from very fine particles and you will never be able to clean out all of the old black toner. Your new color will get contaminated with the black residue that is still in the cartridge.

If you use two different colored toners in the printer you are probably going to do more damage to the printer than good. I would just stick with running black only.
    You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

Yeah I suppose when you put it that way, I could mess up the printer eh?

Comment

You could completely destroy the printer by putting in non-OEM toner. Especially of a different colour. You can only use black. Sorry.

if you need to use an aftermarket toner, call these guys: http://futuregraphicsllc.com/list_pr...=HP/Canon%20VX

Comment

Its a shame they don't make coloured printers that can do metallic inks too, ah well Thanks anyway!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X