Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIERY RIP, EPSON 7000 and OSX TIGER

Hi,
    We use our Epson 7000 all the time for proofing. It goes thru our Fiery Rip LX...or should I say it used to... We had to stay in system 9 in order to use it. But you have to keep up with the times and we finally upgraded to using OSX completely. We even bought the new Tiger OS 10.4. But to our dismay, we can not communicate with our Fiery or Epson. And neither seem to be supporting OSX. Any ideas what we can do?? I've looked thru the web and found something called PowerRIP X which says it works with epson 7000 but hate to give up the fiery. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks,
    Frustrated

I had to get a network card for my Epson 3000 to get it to work with OSX. I don't use a Fiery Rip though. Pity you jumped into Tiger so early after its release. Epson has a very nasty habit of taking a VERY long time to come up with new drivers for the OSX's. And anything running in Classic bangs it's head against the X shell. (That's why I still have a dual bootie in my office. Pain in the butt jumping back and forth but the work gets done.)
    Sorry if this isn't helpful...

Comment

Try this thread:
      http://graphicdesignforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1303

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3wCorner
        Reply to Why do people devalue graphic designers?
        3wCorner
        Just don't mind them. There are pros and cons when you become a freelancer. But, just do the best you can and eventually you will get results at the end making a good impression and reputation as a f...
        Today, 02:51 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Need advice in buying a printer
        PrintDriver
        First, give up on the idea of providing a client a printout of 'what they will be getting'
        You can give them a general idea but not a color accurate one.
        There is no way you are going to get...
        Today, 02:46 PM
      • 3wCorner
        Reply to How to handle freelance work
        3wCorner
        Conduct a survey on what is the average salary of a graphic designer in your area per project. You can use these range in giving your service fee per project.
        Today, 02:44 PM
      • 3wCorner
        Reply to Questions about your graphic design CV
        3wCorner
        ​1.Which is a better format for your resume? .doc or .pdf?

I usually use .doc file in sending resume. But to be safe, read carefully the details in sending your resume for applying...
        Today, 02:40 PM
      • salsa
        Reply to Cultural Clashes?
        salsa
        Yes. Also be aware that other cultures give feedback differently and communicate differently. Also be aware that cultural stereotypes don't apply to everyone in that culture.

Example: Germans...
        Today, 02:30 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X