Search Search Module

Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use for full color, 11x17, on 60lb-80lb paper?

I'm new to the printing world, and I am looking for something very project specific here...

I need to print:

Full color...but depth doesn't matter much. Realistic photo quality is not that important... 600dpi or a litttle less would be fine I think.

11x17 on 60lb-80lb paper. If it weren't for this all important requirement, I would probably just go with one of those new Xerox solid-ink phasers

High Volume / fast? a high monthly duty cycle would be nice. I'm going to need to print about 50,000 of these 11x17 pages per month - 100k if you count that I need to print both sides. Decent cPPM for 11x17 would be nice.

low cost per page.. the toner or ink or whatever should be very reasonable & parts should be readily available.

low budget?... I'm trying to stay well under $5k for the printer if possible.

I would like to go with some kind of digitial option if possible....

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by atari; 07-11-2005, 06:13 AM.
Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.