No announcement yet.

Color problems with Xerox 7750, Quark

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color problems with Xerox 7750, Quark

The problem with color results when 2 colors are placed over each other in Quark. The area where the colors overlap may be affected or certain colors may just print incorrectly. I've been able to fix it, but am not sure if this is the correct adjustment.

It seems to be related to trap settings in quark. To solutions or "workaround" that I have discovered are:

1. Go to your Print Dialog box and click the output tab. Set “print colors” to “As is”. This will override the trapping settings for the printout, but not change them.

2. Go to your Preferences in Quark and change the trapping setting to “Knock out” This sets the trap to zero. This is not a universal Quark setting and must be adjusted for each file.

Has anyone had any of the same problem? How did you resolve? Thanks

On all client Quark files I work on for printing, I knockout all and apply my own traps and overprints.

Latest Topics

• Red Kittie Kat
      Reply to Someone experienced in Pinterest here?
      Red Kittie Kat
      As far as I can see you can only sort your own boards. There is no way to sort or save boards you follow.
      Today, 12:51 AM
    • ohqpi
      Christmas Advice! Wacom Intuos Pro
      Hi guys,

I am in need of some advice for my sisters christmas present. She is a graphic designer & I really want to get her a gift that she will love and helps her with her work. So...
      Yesterday, 10:54 PM
    • B
      Reply to Questions
      Hi Jynx, and welcome to the GDF forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give all new forum members.
      Yesterday, 10:44 PM
    • Jynx
      I have been looking for an art community that has Graphic design contests & photomanipulation battles. I am hoping this is the place i am looking for since deviant art has become a place to post art...
      Yesterday, 08:43 PM
    • Jynx
      So, i was heavy into graphic design about 10 years ago. I recently went through some life changes and wish to pick my photoshop back up. This is a very simple piece, i call it rebirth. It is a forum sig,...
      Yesterday, 08:39 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us