No announcement yet.

Freelance Bidding/Work Sites

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelance Bidding/Work Sites

Does anyone use the bidding sites like,,, etc. What has been your experience? Are they worth joining?
    Appreciate the advice.

My opinion (and the general consensus of the people I have spoken to) is that these sites work by one designer trying to underbid the next.

Spend the money on marketing yourself with a postcard campaign or something instead, and you will get work with your ethics intact.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Run for your life from such sites!!!

- J.
      Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
      Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Boston Freelance

Exactly - sites like eLance make you compete with people who will do a 100 hour project for $100.

There's a new freelance exchange on the 'net, Although it's free to sign up for projects, they have a very strict admissions policy. In order to qualify, you have to submit examples of your work -- and even still they reject more than 50% of the people who apply.

It just started recently, you should check it out.

I use and get a bite once in a while. The good news is the listings are light so the time spent looking for work is minimal. I have not had to do any bottom feeding, but maybe that's why I get only occasional work, enough to make it worthwhile so far. The other sites I've seen, yes, run for your life.
          Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
          -- Theodore Roosevelt

Latest Topics

• Red Kittie Kat
            Reply to Someone experienced in Pinterest here?
            Red Kittie Kat
            As far as I can see you can only sort your own boards. There is no way to sort or save boards you follow.
            Today, 12:51 AM
          • ohqpi
            Christmas Advice! Wacom Intuos Pro
            Hi guys,

I am in need of some advice for my sisters christmas present. She is a graphic designer & I really want to get her a gift that she will love and helps her with her work. So...
            Yesterday, 10:54 PM
          • B
            Reply to Questions
            Hi Jynx, and welcome to the GDF forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give all new forum members.
            Yesterday, 10:44 PM
          • Jynx
            I have been looking for an art community that has Graphic design contests & photomanipulation battles. I am hoping this is the place i am looking for since deviant art has become a place to post art...
            Yesterday, 08:43 PM
          • Jynx
            So, i was heavy into graphic design about 10 years ago. I recently went through some life changes and wish to pick my photoshop back up. This is a very simple piece, i call it rebirth. It is a forum sig,...
            Yesterday, 08:39 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us