Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Catalog Design
    <b>
    Since this is in the "Web Design" forum, are we talking about an online catalog or print?
    Today, 03:53 PM
  • berbes
    where is a good place to get foil business cards done?
    berbes
    i have a new client who wants foiled business cards (for their logo). they told me the price they got from their old GD was 13 cents per card @ 10k, but that is about the best price i can get before markup....
    Today, 02:23 PM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    I see. I guess I was too worried that if I used a thicker type face, it will compete with the name too much. I could definitely try though....
    Today, 02:20 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Lion Vector Logo
    seamas
    Nice lion.

I think the color one has just a little too much going on--too much of the extra shadowing and the off register shapes and the highlight around the dark outline make it blurry....
    Today, 01:52 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Are you able to read the text?
    kemingMatters
    ... passed for the very first time,
    like a bill - ill - ill - board,
    read in a heartbeat,
    or less time...

that is all.
    Today, 01:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelance Bidding/Work Sites

Does anyone use the bidding sites like Guru.com, Sologig.com, Elance.com, etc. What has been your experience? Are they worth joining?
    Appreciate the advice.

My opinion (and the general consensus of the people I have spoken to) is that these sites work by one designer trying to underbid the next.

Spend the money on marketing yourself with a postcard campaign or something instead, and you will get work with your ethics intact.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Run for your life from such sites!!!

- J.
      Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
      Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Boston Freelance

Exactly - sites like eLance make you compete with people who will do a 100 hour project for $100.

There's a new freelance exchange on the 'net, http://www.BostonFreelance.com. Although it's free to sign up for projects, they have a very strict admissions policy. In order to qualify, you have to submit examples of your work -- and even still they reject more than 50% of the people who apply.

It just started recently, you should check it out.

Best,
        -D

Comment

I use freelanceworkexchange.com and get a bite once in a while. The good news is the listings are light so the time spent looking for work is minimal. I have not had to do any bottom feeding, but maybe that's why I get only occasional work, enough to make it worthwhile so far. The other sites I've seen, yes, run for your life.
          Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
          -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X