Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textures

Hey guys...got a question.

It seems like recently I've been doing a lot of projects where I need certain textures. For example..leather, marble, metal... For the life of me I can't find any place to find them or how to make them...realisticly anyway. I've tried Photoshop and Illustrator but it's very time consuming to look or try to make them. In the meantime I've been misc stuff on my scanner to get the look I'm looking for...but marble...am I supposed to lay a gravestone on my scanner or what?

Where do I find/buy some textures???

There are some decent tutorials on tutorialoutpost.com under textures.

There are also some links in the Resources section of the forum under "The Ultimate Resource Thread"
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by christydezignz
      ...am I supposed to lay a gravestone on my scanner or what?
      Use a thin piece of marble, like a single floor tile from a home improvement store, place felt discs at the corners so you don't scratch the glass. Scanners make excellent close up lenses. Great for getting pictures of circuit boards, or anything with a shallow depth of field. Only problem is loss of control over lighting. In the past I've made blocks with double sided tape applied to one of the vertical faces - useful for getting unbalanced objects to stay still for the scanner. Don't underestimate the power of the scanner.
      . . . in bed

(.)(.)ô

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
        Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
        StudioMonkey
        When asked a similar question years ago my boss said 'Just buy the biggest, fastest, latest thing you can afford because in 6 months it will be obsolete'.
        Today, 08:46 AM
      • StudioMonkey
        Reply to What kind of music do you like?
        StudioMonkey
        I would struggle to get it down to eight genres - I like all kinds of music but I dislike a lot of stuff for various reasons.

Classical is another list.

From this list you can...
        Today, 08:36 AM
      • Andy Hunder
        Envato EU VAT problems. Need help!
        Andy Hunder
        Greetings!
        I am the freelance web designer doing projects in EU. Iíve done a lot of them for Envato.
        But recently it turned out that I might be a subject to EU tax authoritiesí investigation,...
        Today, 08:29 AM
      • Cosmo
        Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
        Cosmo
        Are you set on a laptop? You get so much more for your money with a desktop. And I hate the thought of doing any kind of serious design work on such a tiny screen.

But it depends on your...
        Today, 08:05 AM
      • HotButton
        Reply to Acrobat Pro DC problem
        HotButton
        Right.

Bulgaria called his fields "checkboxes," and his depiction looks like checkboxes, so I assumed they weren't Radio Buttons, but YES / NO boxes probably should be Radio Buttons...
        Today, 07:53 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X