good design books for less than $10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good design books for less than $10?

I have approximately $7 left on my Barnes & Noble gift card. Any good design books available for less than $10?

www.half.com probably has a plethora of them, as well as your local used bookstore. Old graphic design textbooks are easy to find cheap, etc...

But, as for a new book at B&N, wouldn't it be cooler to get $7 off a $50 book? The only thing that comes to mind (other than an issue of Print, CMYK, HOW, Layers, etc...) is Strunk & White's "The Elements of Style" because knowing how to write will take you further than you think in this ADHD age of non-communication and substituting "why" with "y" because typing 3 letters is just too darned hard.

Comment

You can get a magazine for $7 bucks.
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fraker
        www.half.com probably has a plethora of them, as well as your local used bookstore. Old graphic design textbooks are easy to find cheap, etc...

But, as for a new book at B&N, wouldn't it be cooler to get $7 off a $50 book? The only thing that comes to mind (other than an issue of Print, CMYK, HOW, Layers, etc...) is Strunk & White's "The Elements of Style" because knowing how to write will take you further than you think in this ADHD age of non-communication and substituting "why" with "y" because typing 3 letters is just too darned hard.

Actually my original background is writing.

Comment

no, but doesn't B&N have a Starbuck's onsite? I'm not into supporting major conglomerates, but I can't seem to unhook my Caramel Machiato intervenus-drip. And you can almost buy 2 for $7... it means you could take a friend!
          ------------------------------------------------------
          Oh, to have a small fortune in the sweaty little palm of your hand...
          I always prefer to believe the best of everybody--it saves so much trouble. -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
            Reply to Feedback for my college project
            B
            Sorry, but I completely agree with your teacher.

From a technical standpoint, your work is excellent. It seems you're well on you way to mastering the tools you're using, which is very good....
            Today, 04:43 PM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to Trailer Wrap Question
            KitchWitch
            Hi Jongoodhue and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 04:42 PM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to Colorslide Design
            KitchWitch
            Hi Philol and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 04:41 PM
          • salsa
            Reply to Struggling with Graphic Design Career
            salsa
            It sounds like you've been given feedback for two things: lack of efficiency and making mistakes. So, you'll need to work on correcting those.

Efficiency:
            - Learn hot keys and keyboard...
            Today, 04:12 PM
          • bigdata
            INVICTUS GAMES ... marketing to the max
            bigdata
            I've been following the campaign of the Invictus Games since its inception, and diggin' it lots.

This year's event being hosted by the U.S.A. down in Orlando Florida starts early next month....
            Today, 04:03 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X