Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• JB
    InDesign: Placed spreadsheet not in links panel
    JB
    This is a new issue for me. I've placed specified cells from an excel spreadsheet, but the linked table isn't showing up in the links panel. Any advice?
    Today, 03:17 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Google Icons set
    Kayekaye
    Still too detailed to be icons or logos. Simplify.
    Today, 03:06 AM
  • mcbennet
    Reply to Logo critique needed please
    mcbennet
    The second and third logos are my personal favorites. I like the way you incorporated the school book into the door of the barn for both designs, though I feel like the third one feels a little less cozy...
    Today, 12:41 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Writing HTML for Eblasts?
    PrintDriver
    I was just curious. I don't work on that kind of design ever.
    I kinda figured I was more "private" than most of the world when it comes to handing out my email address and receiving what...
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • masha444
    Logo critique needed please
    masha444
    Hello everyone,

I am working on a logo for an Italian language teacher. She wants to open a small school for children. The setting is in a very rural area, lots of tress, etc. and the lessons...
    Yesterday, 11:54 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good design books for less than $10?

I have approximately $7 left on my Barnes & Noble gift card. Any good design books available for less than $10?

www.half.com probably has a plethora of them, as well as your local used bookstore. Old graphic design textbooks are easy to find cheap, etc...

But, as for a new book at B&N, wouldn't it be cooler to get $7 off a $50 book? The only thing that comes to mind (other than an issue of Print, CMYK, HOW, Layers, etc...) is Strunk & White's "The Elements of Style" because knowing how to write will take you further than you think in this ADHD age of non-communication and substituting "why" with "y" because typing 3 letters is just too darned hard.

Comment

You can get a magazine for $7 bucks.
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fraker
        www.half.com probably has a plethora of them, as well as your local used bookstore. Old graphic design textbooks are easy to find cheap, etc...

But, as for a new book at B&N, wouldn't it be cooler to get $7 off a $50 book? The only thing that comes to mind (other than an issue of Print, CMYK, HOW, Layers, etc...) is Strunk & White's "The Elements of Style" because knowing how to write will take you further than you think in this ADHD age of non-communication and substituting "why" with "y" because typing 3 letters is just too darned hard.

Actually my original background is writing.

Comment

no, but doesn't B&N have a Starbuck's onsite? I'm not into supporting major conglomerates, but I can't seem to unhook my Caramel Machiato intervenus-drip. And you can almost buy 2 for $7... it means you could take a friend!
          ------------------------------------------------------
          Oh, to have a small fortune in the sweaty little palm of your hand...
          I always prefer to believe the best of everybody--it saves so much trouble. -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X