X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good design books for less than $10?

I have approximately $7 left on my Barnes & Noble gift card. Any good design books available for less than $10?

www.half.com probably has a plethora of them, as well as your local used bookstore. Old graphic design textbooks are easy to find cheap, etc...

But, as for a new book at B&N, wouldn't it be cooler to get $7 off a $50 book? The only thing that comes to mind (other than an issue of Print, CMYK, HOW, Layers, etc...) is Strunk & White's "The Elements of Style" because knowing how to write will take you further than you think in this ADHD age of non-communication and substituting "why" with "y" because typing 3 letters is just too darned hard.

Comment

You can get a magazine for $7 bucks.
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fraker
        www.half.com probably has a plethora of them, as well as your local used bookstore. Old graphic design textbooks are easy to find cheap, etc...

But, as for a new book at B&N, wouldn't it be cooler to get $7 off a $50 book? The only thing that comes to mind (other than an issue of Print, CMYK, HOW, Layers, etc...) is Strunk & White's "The Elements of Style" because knowing how to write will take you further than you think in this ADHD age of non-communication and substituting "why" with "y" because typing 3 letters is just too darned hard.

Actually my original background is writing.

Comment

no, but doesn't B&N have a Starbuck's onsite? I'm not into supporting major conglomerates, but I can't seem to unhook my Caramel Machiato intervenus-drip. And you can almost buy 2 for $7... it means you could take a friend!
          ------------------------------------------------------
          Oh, to have a small fortune in the sweaty little palm of your hand...
          I always prefer to believe the best of everybody--it saves so much trouble. -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X