Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume

Well i have found a great internship working for the Big Time newspaper in San Diego. I sent them an e-mail responding to an AD i saw for a production designer and gave them some feed back of my self and how i work as a production designer for my schools newspaper. Now all they want is some clips of my work and a resume. Well i have been studying resumes for the past month but have only gathered some information about how to build a good resume.

Now i ask for help to see what some good resumes really look like. Would anyone be willing to share their resumes with me and/or be willing to look over my resume. I want to either send it tonight or tomorrow morning ASAP.

thank you.

James Guerrero
    jameswguerrero@gmail.com

go ahead and post it... I'm sure you'll get some helpful feedback.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Check out Dane's resume progress here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=11671

and you may also find these links helpful:
      http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...59&postcount=4

Comment

where can i find a server to host my pdf file for free? anyone know?

Comment

I think D-Frag used this site last week to host his Annual Report.
          http://storeandserve.com/
          Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
          http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here it is. Tomorrow morning i am going to send the final. so any feedback is needed!

http://www.savefile.com/files3.php?fid=9464220

Comment

<mini rant>
              i still can't believe how little you guys (americans) put into your resumes... especially when you are responding to a specific job. I say let the employer know that you can do EXACTLY what they want. Plus employers love teamwork, leadership and all that jazz. include a precis of major attributes that correspond to keywords in the ad. If the ad says team, you say team.
              </mini rant>

I have to say i liked it, i couldn't find any problems that jumped out at me. I didn't proof read it as i am a terrible speeler.
              I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

thanks for the feed back. I went ahead and sent in my resume and a few examples of my work.

We will see what comes from it.

Her org. message to me was

"Yes, it's still open. That schedule sounds good, because the days we need
                help most are Thursday and Friday. Do you have a resume and/or clips? That
                would help us figure out where you might be most suited to work -- whether
                features or news would be best suited to your skills.

And would you have a preference on daytime vs. nighttime hours?"

Thanks guys
                -James Guerrero

Comment

hey James... you can host it for free on www.imageshack.us and link the image... I think that might get you more feedback.

Comment

LOL with CJoe!
                    Americans have the attention span of a gnat.
                    Especially harried department heads who may not understand the importance of hiring someone who can actually do the work the postion requires...

Comment

i added it and sent it. lets see if i get any response. ill keep you guys updated.

thanks!
                      -james

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X