Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Today, 07:25 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    <b>
    I think a lot depends on what one's definition of a logo might be. Many beginners and amateurs tend to make logos that are really just small, complicated illustrations. Most professionals, on the other...
    Today, 06:47 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    Cosmo
    Man. It hasn't been a good year.

RIP Jack Bruce - http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2014/10...am-jack-bruce/

As a bass player, Jack was a huge influence on me.
    Today, 06:04 PM
  • Chromez
    Created Logo in PS, question about file
    Chromez
    Hello everyone,

So i created a logo for a friend of mine in Photoshop. I needed to add a lot of text effects which i'm more comfortable in compared to Illustrator (which i only know the basic...
    Today, 05:45 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ablestock or Photos

Am going to subscribe to either Ablestock.com or Photos.com but I can't decide. Seems like they're pretty close in image sizes and quality but would like others opinions.

Too $$ for me.

Try IstockPhoto.com

lotsa crap, but lotsa good stuff too.

I like being able to get photos whenever I need them.
    Last edited by Keyare; 12-09-2005, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Both sites are equal in regards to providing high-quality professional imagery. The question you need to ask yourself is what size images you’ll need.

A Photos.com subscription provides you with 170,000+ images that come in 3 different sizes (up to 16MB). You’ll find that they’re plenty big enough for all Web and most print projects. So, unless you need really big images, this would be the way to go. Plus, if you do occasionally find that you need even bigger images, Photos.com provides the additional feature of a super-resolution pay-per-download option.

An AbleStock.com subscription offers you 100,000+ super-high resolution images. In other words, they have BIG images. So, if you have a lot of projects for which you need really big images then AbleStock is the way to go.

Both sites offer free samples. I'd suggest downloading a sample or two from each site to see which is the best fit for your needs.

http://www.photos.com/company/learn_more
      http://www.ablestock.com

Comment

I use istockphoto and dreamstime now but need more to choose from at larger res/size.

Thanks for info LV.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X