Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font searching

Hi all,
    Anybody know a font search engine similer to whatthefont.com that will search for free fonts, but not commercial font's??

Thanks

Free fonts are worth what you pay for them.
    Bad outlines, won't rip, inconsistent kerning...
    There are good ones out there but about 25% of them are really bad enough to make me call a designer for a replacement, so check em yourself first at actual output size then have em print tested by your vendor first before committing a large project to them.

That being said, have you tried Google using "freeware fonts".
    Be sure to read the licensing very carefully. Some aren't actually free under some applications (like commercial for-profit use or if used over a certain percentage in a layout, etc.)
    Good luck with them.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 12-11-2005, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Bad outlines, won't rip, inconsistent kerning...
      True, but this time I was looking for a font for movie purpose, not for publishing,
      so it really doesn't matter much if it was some free font.
      Just to let you know what I was trying to do, I modeled a pig brick house in CG and made a wood sign by the door written "Pig 3", actually I was looking for a font to use for this sign,
      and found "little piggy btn" font on myfont.com but theres certaintly no need to buy a font just for this purpose, and I just wanted to get a free font something similar to "little piggy btn" and was wondering if there were any search engine for free fonts just like whatthefont.com can do, which maysave some time searching for one.

That being said, have you tried Google using "freeware fonts".
      Nah! I haven't tried that, will give it a go right now.

Thanks always, PrintDriver.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X